title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with custom tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gruppetto
    • Oct 2012

Problem with custom tags

I created custom tags CHOIR, CONDUCTOR, ORCHESTRA, and ID which I want to appear always in the META window. ID is preset to W09 and takes the actual number, under which the CD will be filed (im at no. W0995 at present. I rip to FLAC and I've observed that only the ID field is written into the files, the other tags do not appear, irrespective of whether I entered a value or left them blank. I checked this with a Hex Editor. I've started using dBpoweramp ripper only recently, most of my collection was ripped with EAC, which I used to control from my own software. Any hints?
    Peter
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with custom tags

right click on one of your files >> Edit ID Tags

the custom tags are not there?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gruppetto
      • Oct 2012

No, they aren't, only the custom ID field is there. As I wrote, I checked the tag area of the flac file between the file header and the image section with a HEX editor. I wrote a FLAC image store/extract routine once myself, so I know a little bit about the FLAC file specs and know where to look.
      Peter

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> Options >> Metadata & ID Tags, in the list of tags to write, check them all.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gruppetto
          • Oct 2012

Works like a charm, thank you. BTW it is sufficient to check the homologous tags (Conductor for CONDUCTOR, others may remain unchecked, e.g. Composer Sort.
          Peter

EDIT: A Conductor field with the proper value is displayed now when I right click and go to Edit ID Tags. However, the entry doesn't show up in the Conductor field in MP3Tag. The reason is, that the conductor's name it is actually stored as a Performer tag.
          The hex editor shows:
          [1C 00 00 00]Performer=Junghaenel, Konrad
          Is this a bug or a feature, and is there a workaround to actually create a tag labelled Conductor? The reason I am pestering you is that I have quite a number of files now with a conductor tag and would prefer to keep my database consistent. Of course I can map the Performer entries into the Conductor field by software or write a prog to run on my newly ripped files but I am reluctant to do so. I still have some 2000+ CDs to rip and every extra step, albeit small, has a considerable impact on my workload.
          Last edited by gruppetto; October 21, 2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is how it is supposed to be according to the Vorbis comments spec.

You can disable this mapping by:

dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gruppetto
              • Oct 2012

Great, thank you!
              Peter

Comment

Working...