title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Glitches at CD access points

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loathecliff
    • Oct 2012

Glitches at CD access points

Hi. With live recordings & opera where the access point is inaudible on the CD, how I can I eliminate the momentary interruption that I get after the recording is ripped please?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Glitches at CD access points

Originally posted by Loathecliff
    Hi. With live recordings & opera where the access point is inaudible on the CD, how I can I eliminate the momentary interruption that I get after the recording is ripped please?
    If the CD is gapless, the ripped files will be gapless. I have lots of gapless rips (live concerts, Beatles Abbey Road, Pink Floyd DSOTM, etc.). You don't have to do anything special. Both FLAC files and mp3 (LAME) handle gapless just fine.

However, the real issue for you may be in the PLAYER you are using to play the files. What file format are you using and what is your PLAYER? Not all players handle gapless.

Comment

• Loathecliff
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by garym
      If the CD is gapless, the ripped files will be gapless. I have lots of gapless rips (live concerts, Beatles Abbey Road, Pink Floyd DSOTM, etc.). You don't have to do anything special. Both FLAC files and mp3 (LAME) handle gapless just fine.

However, the real issue for you may be in the PLAYER you are using to play the files. What file format are you using and what is your PLAYER? Not all players handle gapless.
      Thxs. I ripped with FLAC & the player is VLC.
      I'm afraid I am a dumbo with computers. This morning I had the bright idea to use another player. I hate WMP, but I have foobar, so I right click on the music I want to test & Win7 decides not to show 'open with', no matter what I do. This has happened before & sitting in the garden meditating seems the sanest non-solution. (sorry, I do digress at times)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

foobar is gapless, open foobar and select your album and it will play through it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Loathecliff
          • Oct 2012

I am in your debt; & it's good-bye vlc player (for audio).

Comment

Working...

]]>