title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't get this to work on my laptop - error messages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripadeedoodah
    • Sep 2012

Can't get this to work on my laptop - error messages

Hello, I'm completely new to all this so please be patient.

I've bought the full program but am having trouble using it on my Dell laptop, which is the PC I want to use for ripping purposes. It works fine on my Dell desktop. But trying to rip the same CDs on my laptop, I'm having problems.

It's OK with burst ripping but the problems start with secure ripping. I got one CD to work fine but it won't read others even if they're pristine. They're not recognised by Accuraterip and when the program tries to read them, I get error messages under Rip Status. It does one pass, then a second pass, then I get the re-ripping frames 123456 etc, then it gets stuck and eventually I just have to give up. It does this on every track.

I'm guessing this is a problem with the drive since I don't have these problems on the desktop. Which is odd, really, because the drive has hardly ever been used. Can you suggest anything?

Here's a copy of the fault report, which for some reason reverses tracks 2 and 3. And the drive is a TS-L633C.

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\01 Tracy Chapman - Talkin' Bout a Revolution.m4a'
    Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 12032 (2:40) in 2:34. Filename: C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\01 Tracy Chapman - Talkin' Bout a Revolution.m4a

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\03 Tracy Chapman - Across the Lines.m4a'
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 34295 to 49642 (3:24) in 0:05. Filename: C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\03 Tracy Chapman - Across the Lines.m4a
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 170DCAD0 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 011-000f3a54-00838029-99087b0b-3]

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\02 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car.m4a'
    Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 12032 to 34295 (4:56) in 1:46. Filename: C:\Users\RWTomkins\Music\Tracy Chapman\Tracy Chapman\02 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car.m4a
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't get this to work on my laptop - error messages

Disable C2 error pointers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ripadeedoodah
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      Disable C2 error pointers.
      How?

Edit: it appears to be disabled already. I opened "secure options" and the box next to "enable C2 error pointers" is unchecked and empty.
      Last edited by ripadeedoodah; September 19, 2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Clear all the dbpoweramp settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall, switch to Secure mode (and configure accuraterip), then rip one CD on the default settings, does it still find errors on unscratched CDs?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ripadeedoodah
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
          Clear all the dbpoweramp settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall, switch to Secure mode (and configure accuraterip), then rip one CD on the default settings, does it still find errors on unscratched CDs?
          It didn't help, unfortunately. I did the following:

1. Uninstalled all dB programs.
          2. Used your link to clear any remaining settings.
          3. Reinstalled db.
          4. Set it to Secure rip but left all other settings at default (including Accuraterip, which was already on.)
          5. Tried to rip pristine Tracy Chapman Crossroads disc which ripped fine on my desktop PC.
          6. It read the metadata successfully but Accuraterip could not recognise it so could not configure. I got error message and asked to use alternative "key" disc
          7. Inserted Counting Crows disc which had previously ripped successfully and configured with that. It ripped successfully - no problems.
          8. Put the Tracy Chapman Crossroads disc in again but Accuraterip could not recognise it and could not get past "re-ripping xxxxx frames".

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It sounds like the cd drive is faulty, because those frame miss matches are from the cd drive, try ripping that chapman cd on your desktop, if it has no errors, then that laptop drive cannot be used for ripping.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ripadeedoodah
              • Sep 2012

Yes, that's what I was afraid of -as previously mentioned, I already ripped the same CD with no errors on the desktop. It looks as if I'll have to replace the drive, though I've no idea how, or what with.

Comment

Working...

]]>