title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Very scratched cd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamespoo
    • Jul 2012

Very scratched cd

i have a really scratched CD i ripped it with secure (recover errors) but it was going to take forever to rip

so i ripped it too burst (fastest Ripping) and got this

but i have listened to the whole album and it sound 100% fine

need more info on this
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Very scratched cd

CD drives interpolate errors, so it silences the parts with errors. If you were listening for pops, instead listen for little silence parts.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jamespoo
      it was going to take forever to rip
      As long as you only have a few such troublesome CDs: what about leaving it to rip overnight? (It will of course wear your drive, but how many drives have you worn out? I've spent one or two in some 6000 CDs (not sure if the second was taken by wear) and neither was bought new.)

Comment

• pablogm123
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2012

You can resurface that CD, in order to reduce read error rate and obtain a flawlessly rip, without C2/CU errors. You can repair scratches as long as metallic layer (label side) isn't damaged.

Use a liquid polish for cars, and rub it from center to edge, no circular motions. If that CD is heavily scratched, first apply a more abrasive polish, and finish it with a finer polish.

Comment

Working...

]]>