title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What am I Doing Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJimlad
    • Aug 2012

What am I Doing Wrong?

Hi
    I'm new to dBPoweramp and I've started ripping my CD collection but I've noticed a couple of issues that have me baffled.
    1. If I rip a CD, correct some of the titling details and assign it the correct cover art, all appears to be well. The difficulty came when I had occasion to go back to a disc I had ripped a few hours earlier and when I inserted it in the drive and its details came up, I discovered it had forgotten my amendments to the titling, discarded the artwork and reassigned the original, wrong cover, and the ripping status was blank for each track. The files and artwork were where they were when the disc was first ripped, but looking at the screen, it appeared that the disc had never been ripped. What is the problem? Re ripping has no effect...later on it defaults back to what it was before I started.

2. If I assign art to a disc from the "Choose Art" button, all seems to be well, but after I rip another disc, that assignment is forgotten and the first disc either reverts to the default artwork or forgets it altogether. What is going on?

Regards

R Jimlad
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What am I Doing Wrong?

1. CD Ripper only remembers the last 20 or so discs.

CD Ripper is mainly designed to rip a disc, then not require it to be reripped.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eaglescout1998
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2009

In these situations, you don't have to re-rip. Just use a tag editing software and make the necessary changes.

Also, if you want to add your own album art, I believe you have to remove the existing artwork by pressing the minus (-) button.

Comment

• RJimlad
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
        In these situations, you don't have to re-rip. Just use a tag editing software and make the necessary changes.

Also, if you want to add your own album art, I believe you have to remove the existing artwork by pressing the minus (-) button.
        Hi,
        Thanks for the information. Can you recommend any good tag editing software?
        Just for the record...I was using the minus key to remove the default artwork before selecting the correct image but it made no difference. The default artwork showed up again later if I reinserted the disc and my selected image was discarded.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RJimlad
          Hi,
          Thanks for the information. Can you recommend any good tag editing software?
          Just for the record...I was using the minus key to remove the default artwork before selecting the correct image but it made no difference. The default artwork showed up again later if I reinserted the disc and my selected image was discarded.
          you can edit tags with dbpa's ID TAG UPDATE function. Another good tag editor is mp3tag (yes, it does FLAC too).

Comment

Working...

]]>