title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Sermon CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enigmartyr
    • Aug 2012

Ripping Sermon CD's

G'day,

I'm sorry if I'm asking something elementary, I just seem to be having a major problem ripping CD's.

I put up my hand to rip about 1500 sermon CD's for a friend a little while ago and did my research as to the best software I could find for such a large task.

Whoever recorded these CD's used Audacity to record the sermons to WAV, then Nero to burn the WAV file to disc.

PROBLEM:

The first track always seems to rip fine. I'm ripping using 'secure' and at no more than 4x. Each CD usually contains 2 x 35 minute tracks (sermons). Whenever it gets to the second track, it can take up to 8 hours with a red box ie. 're-rip 3845 frames'. After about 8 hours I usually cancel it and rip in burst mode. (which seems to work fine)

I'm no stranger to professional audio recording ie. Pro Tools, Logic etc... but I know little to nothing about CD ripping.

As these are from an independent church, I would imagine AccurateRip is superfluous?!

I dont know whether these masters are just dodgy CD's (which would be horrific as they are the only copies left) or whether I've just missed something fundamental in setting up my newly purchased copy of 'dbpoweramp'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Ripping Sermon CD's

Yes accuraterip would not be able to help, if you have c2 pointers enabled, try disabling them.

Comment

• enigmartyr
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      Yes accuraterip would not be able to help, if you have c2 pointers enabled, try disabling them.

Thank you. I'll give it a go.
      I've resorted to ripping in burst mode at 4x. It seems to complete the rip with no errors that way.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by enigmartyr
        I dont know whether these masters are just dodgy CD's (which would be horrific as they are the only copies left) or whether I've just missed something fundamental in setting up my newly purchased copy of 'dbpoweramp'.
        *********'s advise to disable C2, works because (most likely) your drive misreports the information. That is, it doesn't support C2, it reports bogus instead, telling dBpoweramp to re-read "everything" multiple times. So therefore, turn it off. You can still use Secure without C2, then it will re-read.

If you are really paranoid about it (and there is maybe a reason to be, given that they are the only copies left), then re-rip using a different drive. (In case you get different results: do not overwrite, write a different file.) If dBpoweramp still remembers your CD, the CRCs will light up green if you got the same result, and red if you didn't. In the latter case, you probably would invoke secure ripping (good then if the other drive does indeed support C2).

(Some of those pesky "copy protected" CDs worked that way too -- by intentionally destroying the error correction, leaving you with an inferior product. (It doesn't protect against copying though.) But if you got a few of those, then other CDs should rip just fine.)
        Last edited by Porcus; August 14, 2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>