title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Show track number as x/yy format in WMA files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garrypsmith
    • Aug 2012

Show track number as x/yy format in WMA files

Hi

I am trying to get the track number tag for files ripped to WMA's to be saved in the 'track number/total tracks' format but having no luck.

I've set the 'Track number without track count' option to unchecked in the 'Metadata & ID Tag' options and have added in the 'Write metadata file' action into DSP so I can see what is being created. The odd thing is that the generated XML for each track when ripped is showing the correct formating for the track tag, for example:

<Track name="Track">6/14</Track>

so it would seem the tag is being created correctly, but when I load the WMA files into other tools such as MP3Tag or TagScanner it show the tag as containing only the track number and has lost the '/total tracks' part.

This isn't a case of the track tag in WMA not being able to hold the 'track number/total tracks' format because if I manually change it back in MP3Tag or TagScanner it saves fine and stays that way. Windows MP and looking at the Details tab in Explorer just show the value as the track number and seem to ignore the '/total tracks' part but they don't overwrite it so the correct format is still retained in the tag.

I wanted to have the total tracks info available for display in apps that will correctly display the tag and to be able to later convert to other formats and be able to just copy the tag data.

Can anyone point me to a way this can be done successfully as part of the rip process rather than having to change it manually in another tool after?

Any help appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Show track number as x/yy format in WMA files

It is not possible to have this as it is breaking the tagging spec for WMA, which has to store a number not a string...
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>