title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Double CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Double CDs

Originally posted by PedroT99
    Perfect...I get all of the album art. I didn't do any mp3 conversions with it but it is all there. I noticed that my art is named Folder.jpg. Is there a reason why it is one or the other? I dont' care...just curious. I don't remember selecting a file name.

As for the RG...I just done see it. Along the top of batch convert, I see: Convert, List, Refresh, Reset and Filter..then just "keys". When I click on convert, I have the drop down options of MultiEncoder, AIFF, Apple Lossless, FLAC, mp3 (lame), Test Conversion, WAC and then m4a, Ogg Vorbis and Windows Media the last 3 of which are greyed out. Below that is Output location and below that a place to add DSP. That's it. What am I missing?

I do have the 21 day trial version of the SW...do you think that is it? I'm going to upgrade and buy a license anyway but could that be it? The site calls the trial "fully functional" so I doubt it.

Thanks again for all of your help! I have most of it figured out....or I should say You, Porcus and Spoon figured it out for me!
    you must not have installed the ReplayGain (RG) DSP. go to the codecs page and install it (see link below, look toward bottom of page under utility codecs). Then when you click convert, RG will be one of the options. Lots of other stuff on that page too you might want to install (e.g., arrange audio and others).

edit: and somewhere you can tell dbpa how to name your saved album art within a folder. forget where. mine is cover.jpg. folder.jpg works with most programs as well.

Comment

• PedroT99
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by garym
      you must not have installed the ReplayGain (RG) DSP. go to the codecs page and install it (see link below, look toward bottom of page under utility codecs). Then when you click convert, RG will be one of the options. Lots of other stuff on that page too you might want to install (e.g., arrange audio and others).

edit: and somewhere you can tell dbpa how to name your saved album art within a folder. forget where. mine is cover.jpg. folder.jpg works with most programs as well.

....theeeeeeeeeeere it is! Got it. Do I want to check of Calculate Album gain AND track gain? When I loaded it up, only one came checked.

Thanks!

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

....theeeeeeeeeeere it is! Got it. Do I want to check of Calculate Album gain AND track gain? When I loaded it up, only one came checked.

Thanks!
        yes, check both album and track gain. You don't have to use both (or either), but it is good to have this info in your tags to the extent you ever want to use them. In my case, I use both, as in Squeezebox players they have a thing called "smart gain" which uses "track" gain RG values if playing a random mixture of tracks and "album" gain if playing an entire album.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Porcus
          One problem about putting 2CDs in one folder, is overwrite. If you wish to keep logs, then at least make sure you have full album title in the logfile name. (logfile.txt will overwrite ...)
          Please can you elaborate on this? I am not seeing this overwrite logfile problem. dBpoweramp seems to be appending log data, as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

mville: You are absolutely right. (It messes up the way _I_ use my logs, though, so I was too quick replying.)

Comment

• PedroT99
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2012

Hi Gary,
              I have been using your naming scheme since you provided it and it has been working great for single and double albums. I just started ripping the few compilations that I have and I realized that this string puts the artist after the song title. I switched it up but now I'm thinking that perhaps there is a logical reason you did that...or perhaps it was a typo. Can you explain your rationale for me?

Thanks a Million!

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Hi Gary,
                I have been using your naming scheme since you provided it and it has been working great for single and double albums. I just started ripping the few compilations that I have and I realized that this string puts the artist after the song title. I switched it up but now I'm thinking that perhaps there is a logical reason you did that...or perhaps it was a typo. Can you explain your rationale for me?

Thanks a Million!
                this is what I want it to do. For a file (and we're talking file NAMES here, not the metadata in the tags), if it is a regular album, I don't need the artist in the file name because all those files are under and Artist/Album Name subdirectory structure. But for a compilation, each artist is different. So if for some reason I'm just looking at the file NAMES, I couldn't tell this from the file name or directory structure (which is Compliation/album name). So by including the track artist name in the file name, I have that information handy should I ever need it (from looking at file names only).

Comment

• PedroT99
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2012

Very cool. I was more so asking if there is a rationale for putting the artist after the track title when it seems most seem to put the track title before the artist.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Very cool. I was more so asking if there is a rationale for putting the artist after the track title when it seems most seem to put the track title before the artist.
                    huh? "putting artist after track title" is equal to "most seem to put track title before the artist". If you mean putting artist BEFORE track title, that's fine too. personal preference. Keep in mind that with good tags, the file names themselves are mostly irrelevant, as long as they contain some info that makes sense. It it the tags that really matter for players, etc.

Comment

• PedroT99
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2012

Haha.....yeah. You figured out what I meant to write! Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>