title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Weird Confidence Number

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PedroT99
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2012

Weird Confidence Number

I had a weird thing happen one of my discs...It's fine but piqued my curiosity.

On all of the discs I have ripped so far, the confidence numbers for the tracks have been close somtimes off by one or 2 but close.

On the last disc I ripped (a pretty common mainstream album), all of the confidences were 25, 26 or 27 except the last track which was a 2. I know even a 2 means that it was a good rip. But why would it be so different than the rest? Isn't that peculiar?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Weird Confidence Number

Originally posted by PedroT99
    I had a weird thing happen one of my discs...It's fine but piqued my curiosity.

On all of the discs I have ripped so far, the confidence numbers for the tracks have been close somtimes off by one or 2 but close.

On the last disc I ripped (a pretty common mainstream album), all of the confidences were 25, 26 or 27 except the last track which was a 2. I know even a 2 means that it was a good rip. But why would it be so different than the rest? Isn't that peculiar?
    I think this has to do with AR1, AR2, offsets, best matches, etc. Not sure of the technical details, but maybe Spoon or Porcus can chime in....

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by garym
      maybe Spoon or Porcus can chime in....
      Have seen partial explanations, but not so much that I think they could ever explain this 2 vs 25. I have encountered similar things myself, so I have from time to time bugged the forum about it.

Spoon, have you perchance once upon a time purged a lot of last-track submissions in order to guard against false verifications?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Even if we did not purge, you would not get false verification with 4:1 billion odds.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          Even if we did not purge, you would not get false verification with 4:1 billion odds.
          If there were consistent errors, they would produce consistent results. So what is then the likely explanation for this 25 to 2?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

A consistent error is only consistent to your disc and your drive...

I would have to see a complete log before commenting.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gbeer7
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2011

So a result from 25 to 2 would be a concern Spoon ? The fact it is at least 2 is good enough ?

Comment

• Gbeer7
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Mar 2011

Spoon, is this something to be concerned about, a result of 25 to 2? Or the fact it is at least "2" shows that it is a "perfect" rip and that its highly unlikely to have an error ?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I have already said, I cannot comment on this instance without seeing logs, talking of 25, or 2 means nothing without seeing the log.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>