title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

checking old rips for accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alandistro
    • Jun 2012

checking old rips for accuracy?

I have a few CDs I ripped a while ago using iTunes on my old computer in ALAC. I'd like to check if those were ripped accurately before adding them to my new library, which was ripped entirely by dbpoweramp, so I know the new lib is accurate. Is there a way to check my old rips in dbpoweramp before adding them to my new library, without re-ripping them all?
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: checking old rips for accuracy?

(1) Check out PerfectTUNES from the beta testing section of the forum. It is under testing, and it is buggy. Or show a few months' patience, and it will probably be just fine.

(2) With the foobar2000 media player (with a verifier component), you can right-click and check. Does not understand e.g. tracknumber 1/10 (needs track 1, totaltracks 10). Fails to identify if pregaps are nonstandard.

(3) CUETools, http://cuetools.net/wiki/Main_Page . Also fails to identify if pregaps are nonstandard.

Comment

• eaglescout1998
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2009

If you used iTunes to rip these CDs, there may be no way of knowing whether they've been "accurately" ripped. As far as I know, iTunes does not feature offset correction.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

With PerfectTUNES AccurateRip it does not matter if the rip is offset corrected or not.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>