title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error ripping to server using Windows 7 Home

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jflower
    • Jun 2012

Error ripping to server using Windows 7 Home

I just got a new laptop and have not been able to rip to the server. I tried using the same settings as the old laptop, including Encode Local, and it doesn't work. The new laptop runs Windows 7 Home (the old one was XP Pro). On the new laptop I'm unable to rip to server whether or not I'm using Encode Local.

I guess I'm running an old version: dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.5 (Registered). I don't know if my license includes a free upgrade.

This is the type of error message:
    Error ripping to [Encode Local], 'Track 1' to '\\SERVER\Music\Beatles\1962-1966, Disc 1\01 - Love Me Do.IGNORE'
    Error copying to '\\SERVER\Music\Beatles\1962-1966, Disc 1\01 - Love Me Do.flac' insufficient space? [clEncoder::EndConversion]

Error ripping to [Encode Local], 'Track 2' to '\\SERVER\Music\Beatles\1962-1966, Disc 1\02 - Please Please Me.IGNORE'
    Error copying to '\\SERVER\Music\Beatles\1962-1966, Disc 1\02 - Please Please Me.flac' insufficient space? [clEncoder::EndConversion]

I've seen other threads where the recommendation was to try mapping the network drive. I tried that and mapped it to Z. I've tried all sorts of strategies in the Path window: \\SERVER\Music\ is what used to work, but I've also tried navigating using the browser, and typing in various combinations using the Z: path.

I would be really, really grateful for any advice. Can this even work on a Windows 7 Home machine??

Also, here is a possibly related question... Would upgrading to version 14 help me at all?
    Last edited by jflower; June 07, 2012, 07:27 PM.
  • jflower
    • Jun 2012

Re: Error ripping to server using Windows 7 Home

Good news - I don't know exactly how, but it works now. I did lots of restarting etc. I'm fairly certain that my original problem was not restricted to dbPoweramp - the new laptop was unable to upload any files to the server. Once I could successfully move other files to the server, my \\SERVER\Music\ path worked in dbPoweramp as well. Hooray!

Comment

Working...

]]>