title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Who Gives A Rip :-)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

Who Gives A Rip :-)

I don't guess I understand the purpose of confidence when it comes to ripping and matching my results with someone else's. If a CD from say Sony is mass produced from a master copy everyone is going to get the same results in regards to the number of tracks.

The results of ripping seem to be based on hardware used such as drives. In that case since drives to differ in performance what's the point?

In the end it would seem if I ripped a studio CD and fifty people the confidenc level grows but to what end? If I ripped a CD with 10 tracks I am confident other's results will match mine because it's the same CD.

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Who Gives A Rip :-)

You misunderstand the ripping process. Your computer, your disc, etc. could cause slight (or major) issues with creating a bit perfect digital copy of the cd. So comparing your rip to those of others gives you confidence that your rip is bit perfect (ie no errors).

For example, see this info

Last edited by garym; June 07, 2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Michael Sargent
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Re: Who Gives A Rip :-)

And don't forget differences in the physical disk, like small (or large) surface scratches or manufacturing flaws. If you have ever used a CD in an car player it probably had some scratches on it. I have had brand new disks, without any visible flaws, but were totally unreadable.

Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>