title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Name Restricted Characters - how to replace a char with a string?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blavoie77
    • Aug 2008

File Name Restricted Characters - how to replace a char with a string?

Hi,

Is it possible to replace some specific chars with strings instead of another char?

I usually make sure my filenames use English chars, replacing specific items from other alphabets (French accents, German special chars, Russian/Cyrillic alphabet, punctuation, etc.) to their equivalent within the A-Z range.

However, in some cases, this involves using more than one char to achieve the desired effect.

A few exemples :

"&" should become "and" (English)
    "&*1071;" should become "ya" (Russian)
    "ß" should become "ss" (German)
    "ü" should become "ue" (German)

etc.

dbPowerAmp lets me add them, but whenever I save, the strings are truncated again to one char, keeping only the first char specified.

Is this something that's possible or should I post it as a wishlist item?

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: File Name Restricted Characters - how to replace a char with a string?

CD Ripper >> Options >> Meta data & IDTag Options >> Character / Word Replacement
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• blavoie77
      • Aug 2008

That actually works for filenames? I thought it was only meant to be used to replace data within the ID tags. I want the tags to keep the original chars, I just want the filenames to be devoid of them.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ah, that is for both filenames and tags. It is not possible to word replace on filenames.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>