title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why am I suddenly getting these errors on all CD's?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danielaparker
    • Jul 2010

Why am I suddenly getting these errors on all CD's?

I've ripped hundreds of files successfully with dbpoweramp, now I'm getting these error messages for all CD's (including ones I've ripped successfully before.) What to do?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 01 - Vinegar Heart.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 40496) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 02 - Balloons.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 40496 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 64919) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 03 - Decent Life.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 64919 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 82638) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 04 - Lilo.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 82638 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 100710) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 05 - Lighthouse.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 100710 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 115838) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 06 - Dig It To The End.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 115838 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 131725) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 07 - Gripe.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 131725 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 143758) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 08 - Grandma's Haze.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 143758 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 162496) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 09 - Le Var.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 162496 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 184959) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 10 - Trackpounder.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 184959 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 212579) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to '\\DROBO-FS\Music\dbpoweramp\Tonbruket\Dig It To The End\Tonbruket - 11 - Draisine Song.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 212579 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 227795) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Why am I suddenly getting these errors on all CD's?

Try a full setting reset then reinstall, and try on the default ripping settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Comment

• Z0001
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2011

I am getting something similar. I have 4 identical slot drives built into a box connected by eSATA they are quite new and of the same age. One of these drives has a problem with dBpoweramp, the problem drive works fine for playing CDs and DVDs. when using dBpoweramp after the software fails to rip the CD the drive becomes undetectable by the system and I have to reboot.

this is the error message I am getting:

Disc 4: The White Stripes - De Stijl Reject 1: Ripping Error
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\03 The White Stripes - Little Bird.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 20010 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 34022) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\04 The White Stripes - Apple Blossom.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 34022 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 44020) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\05 The White Stripes - I'm Bound To Pack It Up.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 44020 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 58267) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\06 The White Stripes - Death Letter.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 58267 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 78510) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\07 The White Stripes - Sister, Do You Know My Name¿.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 78510 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 91397) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\08 The White Stripes - Truth Doesn't Make A Noise.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 91397 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 105990) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\09 The White Stripes - A Boy's Best Friend.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 105990 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 125645) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\10 The White Stripes - Let's Build A Home.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 125645 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 134525) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\11 The White Stripes - Jumble, Jumble.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 134525 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 143045) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\12 The White Stripes - Why Can't You Be Nicer To Me¿.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 143045 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 158217) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\Control\Music\The White Stripes\De Stijl\13 The White Stripes - Your Southern Can Is Mine.IGNORE'
      Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 158217 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 169610) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
      Track 1 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [F973BE0D]
      Track 2 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [AF47CAA7]
      Track 3 Result: Error
      Track 4 Result: Error
      Track 5 Result: Error
      Track 6 Result: Error
      Track 7 Result: Error
      Track 8 Result: Error
      Track 9 Result: Error
      Track 10 Result: Error
      Track 11 Result: Error
      Track 12 Result: Error
      Track 13 Result: Error
      Combined Result: 11 Error, 2 Accurate

Spoon - what do you mean by a "full setting reset" and "then reinstall" - does dBpoweramp have a global "restore to default" button?

cheers
      Last edited by Z0001; February 19, 2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

A full reset clears all settings. If a drive disappears from the system, it is crashing internally (which they should never do), it does not look good for that drive.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Z0001
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2011

Spoon, when you say "reset" are you just meaning uninstall and reinstall? Or are you suggesting also using the registry clearing tool mentioned in your post above?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Uninstall does not remove the dBpoweramp configuration settings, hence the need for the tool.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RLANE
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Z0001
              I am getting something similar. I have 4 identical slot drives built into a box connected by eSATA they are quite new and of the same age. One of these drives has a problem with dBpoweramp, the problem drive works fine for playing CDs and DVDs. when using dBpoweramp after the software fails to rip the CD the drive becomes undetectable by the system and I have to reboot.
              How do you have all of the eSATA drives connected? Are tehy all pugged directly into motherboard slots, or do you use a PCIe card or external hub-like device?

Comment

• Z0001
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by RLANE
                How do you have all of the eSATA drives connected? Are tehy all pugged directly into motherboard slots, or do you use a PCIe card or external hub-like device?
                In my external box I have 4 DVD drives and a 2TB HDD all connected by SATA to a port multiplier. This port multiplier has one eSATA output which goes to a host SATA controller card in my pc. All drives in this box are seen as separate drives. I use an Addonics 3 bay box and am using slim slot load drives (so 4 take up 2 bays), the box came with the port multiplier. I use this a dedicated CD ripping station with Batch Ripper, saving my backups to it and my live files to the pc. I have another identical box but have a 5 bay HDD unit in it (again by Addonics) connected in the same way via eSATA to teh same host controller (which has 2 ports), I use this as a video storage and back ups box.

Comment

Working...

]]>