title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible bug in dynamic naming, folders names truncated!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m4rk
    • Feb 2010

Possible bug in dynamic naming, folders names truncated!

Hi,

I having some problems with dynamic naming causing a ripper error. I get a red x on some tracks but not others and the directory structure is messed up after the error occurs but is OK for all tracks before.

The error only occurs with tracks with a \ in the track title.

eg
    Album: The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2
    Disk: 1
    Track 4 : Nocturne for piano No. 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109.

Note: Restricted character setting is set to replace \ with -

My naming scheme is like this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Compilation Albums[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][album], Disc [disc]\[][track] – [title]

Which should produce:

Album artist or Artist or Compilation Albums\Album\Album, Disc 1 \Track -Title

For the first three tracks of my problem album it works OK and I get a folder with the tracks in it:

The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2\The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2, Disc 1\01 - Track1 etc

But after each occurrence of a \ in a track title it causes truncation of the folder structure and no tracks are saved afterwards. eg.

The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2\The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2, Disc
    The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2\The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2, Di
    The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2\The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol
    The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vol. 2\The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World... Ever!, Vo

After the last track dbpoweramp crashes.. probably the replaygain I am using gets confused with the above mess.

Dropping [album] before Disc fixes the issue eg.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Compilation Albums[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] – [title]

and this then produces this path correctly for all titles :

Album artist or Artist or Compilation Albums\Album\Disc 1\Track -Title

Could it be an issue with the number of characters in the total path length and how dbpoweramp handles the illegal character \ in the title ?

The workaround is to change my folder to:

Album artist or Artist or Compilation Albums\Album\Disc 1\Track -Title
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Possible bug in dynamic naming, folders names truncated!

Your title is perhaps too long as the maximum length of the whole lot is limited to 260 chars, the folder would be trimmed as well as filename, if too long.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• m4rk
      • Feb 2010

Thanks Spoon,

I will change naming to reduce length

Comment

• eaglescout1998
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by m4rk
        But after each occurrence of a \ in a track title it causes truncation of the folder structure and no tracks are saved afterwards. eg.
        Are you sure you're not using a backslash ("\") where a forward slash ("/") should be?

The backslash is used by Windows to seperate components of a file path (ie. C:\Program Files\). I know that some song titles use a forward slash, but I don't know of any song titles that use the backslash. If there were, I think the program would hiccup.

Comment

• m4rk
          • Feb 2010

In first post everything was cut and pasted in there. So, it is exactly as it shows.

The track title does have / and not a \ it. maybe it's that screws it up but it should be fixed by dbpoweramp restricted characters setting and changed to - for both \ and / in the title. The file path string was/is too long for some wordy titled albums and tracks.

Thanks for the input. I appear to have fixed my issue by changing all album sub folder to just Disc 1, Disc 2 etc as Spoon suggested. I thinks its better that way anyway :smile2: The change to a simple Disc sub folder has also helped me with some mp3tag manipulation I wanted to do on multi-disc sets vs single disc albums..... :D:D:D

Comment

• Arnoldcav
            • Oct 2012

Long Path Tool helped me in this situation. http://PathTooDeep.com

Comment

Working...

]]>