title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

new cd that rips every track with red error mark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

new cd that rips every track with red error mark

I have tried to do a rip of a new cd in flac, then I tried WAV, but every track rips with red errors. The CD is new, so i dont think it is faulty, the DVD burner I have is ok, it rips other cds ok.

I think the cd may have some kind of copy protection, I looked at the rip results & it showed unable to open file, on each track. I tried to play each track in the cd ripper, & it plays each track, so I know there is music on the disc.

i also noticed when i inserted the cd into my drive, & it tried to read it, there was no meta data at all, nothing for the album, & no titles for each track. & is there a way around this? I would like to be able to put this on my ipod.

I am using windows xp pro under a virtual machine; parallels desktop on my mac.
    Last edited by Sossity; 02-10-2012, 06:59 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: new cd that rips every track with red error mark

Any error messages shown on the final page?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sossity
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2010

yes there are, when the little window pops up with accurate rip results, the tracks that it ripped all had red error marks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Are you able to upload a screen shot? you could use something like Imageshack.us to uload to
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sossity
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2010

I tried this same cd on a different computer with a different DVD burner, & it ripped it, it had the green accurate marks, but was not in accurate rip.

I still had to fill in meta info, but at last this burner could rip it.

I suspect, the external DVD burner I was using with my mac may have been the problem, it could not read the cd properly, or rip it.

it is a Japanese reissued release of an album that is now hard to find.

Comment

• Ralph Hart
            • Feb 2012

I recently installed the CD ripper and it worked for several CDs. Now, it quickly goes through the play list leaving red error marks. I have tried several CDs including ones previously ripped with the same result. Ripper is receiving the play list OK from the CD reader as any song will play. I have shut down the computer several times and dis a system restore.

What now?

Thanks Ralph

Comment

• dbfan
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jan 2011

Check that dbpoweramp is wrining to a valid output location, that exists.

Comment

Working...

]]>