title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help.. Really why is my computer reading dbpoweramp at 16 gigs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chef Mike
    • Jan 2012

Help.. Really why is my computer reading dbpoweramp at 16 gigs?

Hi, folks I just got for a gift this program Release 14.2 {Now I know what she spent }.. and it works wonderfully, I've try others with accurate rip names not mentioned. There complicated or slow or just well, I try and I uninstall. Well that's my thanks to the developers. Now I have an ASUS A53 series laptop about 4 months old running Win 7 x64...so it's not the computer. My question is"Why does this program\ utility read on the HDD as 16 gigs and not the 15 mb the properties menu says it is. I've try going on-line looking for an answer or fix for this and what I found was " Windows misreads it " and then restates it after a reply to that "Windows miss read it" From this forum. I don't feel that, that is a descent answer it's like saying " Oh just walk it off wimp " when someone asks for help after getting hit by a bus. Please there has to be a fix or [ free] patch to this. See if windows reads 16 gigs it doesn't let you use that space or defrag it or any thing. I use and need the speed and space. I'm a Chef I use this laptop for business, catering, menus, special functions, recipes etc. and personal use. So I really don't what any glitches... I do Apologize if I sound fussy but if the problem is known than....or is it that only myself and that other person are having this issue and again how does one fix it.. Peace
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help.. Really why is my computer reading dbpoweramp at 16 gigs?

The current installer is setting the shown value to 1000x more than it is, future updates will fix. It is not using 16Gig (if it did it would take about 4 hours to install, as an OS uses about the same in its entirety).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Chef Mike
      • Jan 2012

Spoon, thank you for the speedy reply. and also thanks for the info. Just for my information, will we receive a email or post of some sort as to when the update will be available ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Keep an eye on the news section of the forum, even subscribe to it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Chef Mike
          • Jan 2012

spoon O.K. I will ....type more but making Pot-au- Chocolat

Comment

Working...

]]>