title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Insecure rip with every single track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loci
    • Jan 2012

Insecure rip with every single track

After purchasing dbpoweramp to archive my music (great program and much faster than EAC) I ran into an annoying problem; whereas all my other discs had ripped perfectly, with only one inaccurate track found, I bought a new CD at the store and found that every single track ripped from it was inaccurate. The first time I tried ripping it, it turned up with 100-200 errors per track (taking a few minutes per track), and after enabling C2 and ultra secure mode it does it much faster, but still every track is inaccurate. Is there anything I can do about this?

EDIT: Huh, I realised that the reason that it's faster is because I was aborting it after too many errors (I set it to 50, whereas the error rate was well over 100 each time). Still no luck.
    Last edited by Loci; January 17, 2012, 11:12 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Insecure rip with every single track

It is likely the disc has manufacturing errors, potentially a different CD drive can read the disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Loci
      • Jan 2012

Re: Insecure rip with every single track

Ah well. I suspected it might be, but it played just perfectly on some very good audio equipment (at least, the transport read it fine). Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...

]]>