title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Crash with Intel Storage Matrix Driver

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

CD Ripper Crash with Intel Storage Matrix Driver

There is a current issue where if CD Ripper tries to eject the CD and the Intel Storage Matrix Drivers / Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver are inplace on a system, it will blue screen of death Windows.

This thread is dedicated to reproducing this issue and hopefully correcting the issue.

We have created a simple test program to see if it is the eject code which is causing issues (there is other code which runs in CD ripper, which looks at the CD state, so might be a combination), if you have the issues described above, close all programs and Windows and insert an audio CD in the drive (cancel the popup message asking what to do, or close any program which auto starts).

Then run:

This program will eject the CD of the first found CD drive. I would like to know does it BSOD Windows?
    Last edited by Spoon; January 24, 2012, 10:26 AM.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • drreeder
    • Jan 2012

Re: CD Ripper Crash with Intel Storage Matrix Driver

Hey Spoon,

Followed your instructions, ran LoaderUnloader.exe, and my computer did not BSOD. Every time I have ejected a CD from CD Ripper using either the eject toolbar button or having it set to auto-eject after ripping, it has BSOD'd. I'm running Win7 Pro on a new HP Pavilion dv7-6199us notebook.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It does, it shows it is not the eject code rather something else, we will formulate a new test shortly.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thfc4ever
        • Jan 2012

BSOD also occurs when selecting option "prevent auto-run on all CD drives" (with SCSI pass through). Running new HP Pavilion dv6 notebook with Win 7 Pro.
        later then...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We have a hunch why this is happening, we will create a new Beta version of CD ripper to test (the small test programs did not trigger the issue).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• UrbanSurfer
            • Jan 2012

Thanks for pointing me to this thread for monitoring the progress towards a solution.

Have a new Toshiba Portege R835 / i5-2435M / 13.3" / 6GB / 640GB-5400 and was going to put your program on it, but will wait a bit (and see if I can learn something as well. )

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

As long as you do not check the Prevent Auto Run option, and never click the eject button, you should not see a BSOD, even if you have the intel drivers.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• John Welsman
                • Feb 2012

I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite 750-170 and experienced the crash on each attempted burn. The auto run and eject advice has certainly stopped the BSOD crashes I am experiencing. However each burn is only successfully ripping all bar the last 1 or 2 tracks on each CD. If I play the CD through other software like Winamp it plays happily all the way through, so there seems to be no problem with the drive playing CDs all the way through. Even plugging an external drive in to the lap top makes no difference. I am running Windows 7 X64 Home Premium.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Please see R14.3 - it might fix the issue:

Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xTobix
                    • Oct 2011

Spoon,

I think I am affected by this bug (I have recently moved to a new LT and I am using an external USB CD-drive). After lots of trouble I have manged to get a 100% BSOD rate in my WIN 7 x64 every time I restart CDripper.
                    I will report if I have more success in the beta thread soon.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Good news - we have acquired a Toshiba Laptop which was mentioned to suffer from the BSOD, it has been reproduced and fixed, the next R14.3 beta will feature this fix (perhaps next week).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Fix is now in R14.3 Beta (see beta section of this forum).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>