title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Editing Album Information After Rip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thejamesjr
    • Jul 2011

Editing Album Information After Rip?

Editing Album Information After Rip and converting WAV to FLAC?

1. A few of my albums that I recently ripped have the incorrect album name or album year. Could this be edited manually without having to re-rip the entire CD. If so, how?

2. I have some CD's that were ripped to WAV, with WMP, some years ago. The CD's have been misplaced and I would like to have a copy of them in FLAC. Could they be converted to FLAC, or could I burn them to CD than rip to FLAC using dBpoweramp?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Editing Album Information After Rip?

Originally posted by thejamesjr
    Editing Album Information After Rip and converting WAV to FLAC?

1. A few of my albums that I recently ripped have the incorrect album name or album year. Could this be edited manually without having to re-rip the entire CD. If so, how?

2. I have some CD's that were ripped to WAV, with WMP, some years ago. The CD's have been misplaced and I would like to have a copy of them in FLAC. Could they be converted to FLAC, or could I burn them to CD than rip to FLAC using dBpoweramp?
    1. yes, just use EDIT ID TAG. Depending on how you setup dbpa, you just find the album files you're interested in changing, right click the file(s), the select EDIT ID TAG. This opens an edit window. Click on the field you want to change and enter change and exit/save.

2. Yes, use dbpoweramp music converter. Select directories with WAV files, choose convert, select FLAC as codec and you're good to go....

Comment

• thejamesjr
      • Jul 2011

1. Music\Artist\Album. Would I be able to right click on the Album folder and change the Year, this way is changes all the songs in the folder at once... or do all the songs needs to be selected to do this?

2. Since these albums were originally ripped with WMP, would I be able to get the MetaData for these while converting to FLAC... or do I need to burn to CD than rip to FLAC?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

1. No, it doesn't work like that. The individual songs must be selected for changes.

2. You should be able to carry over the metadata that's in the existing files. (I don't really understand what you mean about burning to CD then rip to FLAC....)

Comment

• thejamesjr
          • Jul 2011

They were originally rip to WAV with WMP Windows Media player, so they don't have the MetaData information. I figured if I could burn the WAV files to CD, make an exact copy of the original CD, (which I no longer have) than I could rip that CD to FLAC with dBpoweramp.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by thejamesjr
            They were originally rip to WAV with WMP Windows Media player, so they don't have the MetaData information. I figured if I could burn the WAV files to CD, make an exact copy of the original CD, (which I no longer have) than I could rip that CD to FLAC with dBpoweramp.
            That sounds like WAAAY too much trouble! (And a waste of CDs!)

When you convert the WAV files to FLAC, there are online sources for metadata. My recommendation (I'm sure there are many other similar options) would be to convert to FLAC and then load those FLAC files into mp3tag. Use its tag sources function to find the album online, and mp3tag will import the metadata.

Comment

• thejamesjr
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
              That sounds like WAAAY too much trouble! (And a waste of CDs!)

When you convert the WAV files to FLAC, there are online sources for metadata. My recommendation (I'm sure there are many other similar options) would be to convert to FLAC and then load those FLAC files into mp3tag. Use its tag sources function to find the album online, and mp3tag will import the metadata.
              Yeah I know, but I would keep the CD's that I burn since the originals have been lost. I have Roughly 40 albums in WAV format that I want to convert to FLAC. I'll try mp3tag first though, never heard of it before and interested to see how it works.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>