title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conflicting accurate rip results

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FMNY
    • Oct 2010

Conflicting accurate rip results

I ripped this track twice and got conflicting accurate rip results.
    The first time I got this:
    <ACCURATERIPDISCID> : 012-0023b914-014d8a36-c112510c-7
    <ACCURATERIPRESULT> : AccurateRip: Not in database Secure: Yes (warn) [A9392350]

Because it had some frames it needed to rerip I ripped the track again using my other CD drive.
    I got this accurate rip result

<ACCURATERIPDISCID> : 012-0023b914-014d8a36-c112510c-7
    <ACCURATERIPRESULT> : AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 2) [D17A1A83]

I can see why the crc might be different since the first rip had to retry several frames, but how can the track not be in accurate rip the first time and then a few minutes later it is with a confidence of 2? I simply moved the CD from one drive to another.

As I said in an earlier thread, I quite often see CDs that it tells me are in accurate rip, but when I rip the CD there isn't a single track that was in accurate rip. There appear to be some inconsistencies and incorrect look ups going on with accurate rip.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conflicting accurate rip results

Some drives have been known to suddenly rip with an incorrect offset (depending on audio disc), if this is happening with your drive then, if the offset is large enough it will not be able to use the database result (that is if for that disc it did say it was in accuraterip before ripping, it could have been a simple internet connection issue where it could not contact Accuraterip before ripping).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FMNY
      • Oct 2010

So if my drive rips with an incorrect offset, am I getting a faulty rip and if so how is it faulty? That would really worry me if after spending all this time ripping and thinking I'm getting secure rips I may actually be getting faulty rips.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

The only way to be sure is have accurate rip verify the rip.

Comment

• FMNY
          • Oct 2010

I rip lots of CDs that aren't in the accurate rip database so that doesn't help me or answer my question. I do a 5 pass ultra secure rip to make sure I'm getting a secure rip. My question is if the drive suddenly uses an incorrect offset how does that affect my rip and how does it make the rip faulty if that's what it does.

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

The data can suddenly jump at a point, or the whole track can be offsetted.

There is no way of detecting this outside of accurate rip, or rip with a 2nd drive and compare the accurate rip crcs

Comment

Working...

]]>