title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Frequent mp3 errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaak
    • Jun 2011

Frequent mp3 errors

Hi,

I use dbPoweramp Reference Ripper 14.2 with vst plugins via the vst dsp codec. When I rip cds to mp3s (either lame or helix) I get the following error message on some of the rips:

"Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 10' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\10 - Hey Pachuco!.mp3'
    Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]".

No other programs are open. This requires me to rerip either once or twice more to get the file. Note that this only happens with mp3 files. Flac and Nero aac are fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Frequent mp3 errors

dBpoweramp will actually try to write the tags for 20 or 30 seconds, continuously trying, perhaps your security software has the file open?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaak
      • Jun 2011

Okay, uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials. Ran dbPoweramp with this result:

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 3' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\03 - This Business of Love.mp3'
      Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 6' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\06 - You Would Be My Baby.mp3'
      Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 9' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\09 - Straight Up.mp3'

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 8' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\08 - Let the Good Times Roll.mp3'

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 11' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\11 - Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You.mp3'

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 12' to 'C:\MP3s\Various Artists\The Mask\12 - Cuban Pete (Arkin Movie Mix).mp3'

This only happens with mp3s.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Process monitor is what you need to look at this, install (it is a Microsoft program)

Monitor file system, Registry, process, thread and DLL activity in real-time.

then close all ununsed programs (as process monitor reports each access to file system or registry), then run it and run CD Ripper and rip one track until you see the error. Only CD Grab.exe, core-converter.exe and getpopupinfo.exe should access the file, if anything else is opening the file then you know what it is by its name.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaak
          • Jun 2011

This is going to take a while. There are a lot of processes running that I have to filter out as I can't shut them down.

Comment

Working...

]]>