title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What do you for compilation CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What do you for compilation CD's

The default naming string places compilations in the correct location/
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiojim
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      The default naming string places compilations in the correct location/
      Sorry for denseness, but where do you type that naming string in?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> bottom left corner is the 'Naming' section
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiojim
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2012

Is there a simple way to simply get the Compilation Album to appear in ONE PLACE ONLY, ALL TOGETHER under the title of the CD. Concert for Bangaladesh under "c" for example.

So far, doing an album with compilation checked and without it checked, there seemed to be no difference at all when I moved it to Itunes.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by audiojim
            Is there a simple way to simply get the Compilation Album to appear in ONE PLACE ONLY, ALL TOGETHER under the title of the CD. Concert for Bangaladesh under "c" for example.

So far, doing an album with compilation checked and without it checked, there seemed to be no difference at all when I moved it to Itunes.
            so you don't mean the location of the files themselves??? if you mean that, you could use this dynamic naming string, which would put all the compilation albums under
            x:/compilations/album name/track.....
            [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]
            IF you mean how it shows within itunes, it should show up separately under compilations. Have you (in itunes) selected VIEW > COLUMNS BROWSER > GROUP COMPILATIONS ???
            I'm assuming the compilation flag works with AIFF files, which is what I believe you use.

Comment

• audiojim
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2012

In itunes I am using "album by artist" with AIFF files (and also some flac and wav). I want any compilation like concert for bangaladesh or Greatest Hate Songs Ever, etc. to show up as ONE ALBUM in that same list. Basically, I want every album to appear as ONE ALBUM, never ever broken up into subfiles.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

This has nothing to do with filenames as iTunes uses ID Tags. For a compilation the compilation tag has to be set to '1' for all tracks in the album.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2002

This has nothing to do with filenames as iTunes uses ID Tags. For a compilation the compilation tag has to be set to '1' for all tracks in the album.
                  I think there is also an option in iTunes to group songs of a compilation together that has to be selected in the preferences.

Comment

• audiojim
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jan 2012

Sorry, but I don't understand. You seem to be saying that someplace I type or set the number "1" next to "all" tracks in the "compilation tag". Where do I do this? I see the compilation check box, and I see that naming box but I don't really get how to use it.

Will this then mean that the compiliation will appear in itunes in one single album?

Given how common what I would like to have as the outcome, I am surprised there is not some easy way to do this.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

If you ripped in CD Ripper, then to have different artists per track the compilation check mark would be automatically selected.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiojim
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jan 2012

Yes, I did rip in CD ripper. I made sure compilations was checked. I transferred to itunes. The Bob Dylan 30th Anniv. Concert splintered into a bunch of different albums.

I've asked this several times but again: specifically, what do I do to get, for example, that album to appear as one album, all in one place, not broken up into six different artists, but all in one place. What do I do specifically? Checking compilation didn't seem to do it for me.

Comment

• audiojim
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jan 2012

Maybe Group Compiilations under itunes will do what I want. I will rip a couple more to see if it works.

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

And when ripping check the compilations box at the top of screen (near artist, genre, etc. )

Comment

• Wayne
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by audiojim
                              Maybe Group Compiilations under itunes will do what I want.
                              Yes this is exactly what you want. It is an option in iTunes that results on songs in a compilation being displayed together.

Comment

Working...

]]>