title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need higher res Folder.jpg covers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtrips
    • Oct 2011

Need higher res Folder.jpg covers

Hello,

How can I get CD ripper to download a much higher resolution cover for the CD's metadata? One that would suit an iPad2 or iPhone4?
    I tried changing the pixels limit in the Options > Metadata configuration to 5000 pixels but it didn't have any effect.
    And the tiny jpg that are downloaded looks awful.

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need higher res Folder.jpg covers

The most you will get is 1000x1000, but not for all albums.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xtrips
      • Oct 2011

1000x1000=1000000
      What do I miss here?
      Maybe I do not understand the value that has to be filled in the Options.
      The parameter says pixels, so what would be the highest value in pixels I should put there?
      And if I wanted to replace all the Folder.jpg files in my rips with a much higher resolution picture, do you know of any automated third party software that would do that?

Thanks
      Last edited by xtrips; October 22, 2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

The setting allows you to set maximum allowable dimension, in pixels....250x250 pixels or 1000x1000 pixels, for example. But that doesn't mean the file will always be that size....or that the CD Ripper will always choose the largest size available. You need to do that. Click on the "Choose Art" button and see if any higher-resolution covers are available, and select the one you want to use.

Be aware that there's something of a trade-off here. Of course, you want images to look good, but very large image files often take longer to load, and many (if not most/all) players impose a size limit on image files they can use.
        Last edited by BrodyBoy; October 22, 2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by xtrips
          And if I wanted to replace all the Folder.jpg files in my rips with a much higher resolution picture, do you know of any automated third party software that would do that?

Thanks
          I think any tag editor will allow you to add/change album art. In any program, you'll have to actually find and choose the image files you want if you want the best picture quality.....a program can't discern which files are good quality and which aren't. Perhaps the closest you'll come to an "automatic" solution is AlbumArt Downloader. But again, you can end up with the wrong images, or ones that don't look as good, if you simply apply static criteria without visually approving the best choice.

Of course, you could probably apply some processing that simply "ups" the resolution of your existing album art, but that wouldn't look any better.
          Last edited by BrodyBoy; October 22, 2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to include link

Comment

Working...

]]>