title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Compilation CD's - Unable to retreive Metadata.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluer264
    • Oct 2011

Ripping Compilation CD's - Unable to retreive Metadata.

Hi

I am a very new user..

I have no problem retreiving CD details on all cd's I have previously burnt when it a straight swap of individual tracks. However, when is a compilation CD nothing is retreived.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Bluer264
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Ripping Compilation CD's - Unable to retreive Metadata.

Could you give an example? Are you saying that CD Ripper is not retrieving metadata specifically for compilation CDs? That doesn't really make sense, since CD Ripper has no way of knowing what kind of CD you put in. So I assume I must be misreading your question.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

The meta data is only available for commercially created content.

If they are compilation CDs that you have created yourself then there is no way that CD Ripper can retrieve meta data.

Comment

• bluer264
        • Oct 2011

Hi

Thanks for responding.

My apologies - I was a little vague. Over the years I have collected a lot of music. Purchased some, copied many from many libraries and downloaded many more. A mix of classical and popular. Any CD that is a direct copy of another, whether puchase, Library or download works perfectly. However, many, many more are a mix of tracks from two or more CD's. I wasn't hopeful about classical music but I thought individual song tracks would have a unique ID that would be sufficient for one of the databases to identify each track. If I try (say) MediaMonkey, it will generally pick up all the songs from a compiled CD.

Maybe I just need to lower my expectations....

Cheers

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Wayne
          The meta data is only available for commercially created content.

If they are compilation CDs that you have created yourself then there is no way that CD Ripper can retrieve meta data.
          Ah....there ya go. I didn't realize he meant his own CD mixes.

Comment

Working...

]]>