title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping error: unable to read CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge22
    • Oct 2011

Ripping error: unable to read CD

Hello,

I just started ripping my CD collection with dbpoweramp and I have to admit that is a fantastic program with a great output quality, so first of all congratulations to the developers.

Although my CD collection is in great shape with no visible scratches and storaged in a dust free closet, I am getting an average of 3 ripping errors, in every CD ripped so far, right at the end of the ripping progress (99%).

To solve them, I re-rip at the lowest speed that my drive allows (4x) and select Burst method. It seems to work and it even gives me a message of Accurate Rip with a similar number of people that the other traks of the disc. I even listened to the tracks with headphones and don't hear any clicks or pops...

Here is an example of a couple of the error messages:

---Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Gestor Aa\Music\Adele\19\05 Adele - Crazy for You.IGNORE'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 81704 ripping 4 frames track end LBA 81707) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Gestor Aa\Music\Adele\19\06 Adele - Melt My Heart to Stone.IGNORE'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 96995 ripping 6 frames track end LBA 97000) [clRipperSecure::Rip]---

The drive used to rip is a new Plextor PX-L890UE.

Does anyone have a clue of what is going wrong and how to solve it?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Jorge
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping error: unable to read CD

If you have overread checked, uncheck it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jorge22
      • Oct 2011

Thanks Spoon but where is the overread option? :blush:

Comment

• Jorge22
        • Oct 2011

OK
        After reading into the tutorial I found that "Read into Lead-in or Lead-out" is commonly called overreading.
        It was unchecked it before I got the errors.
        Any other suggestion?

Many thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Sorry no others, I think the drive is miss-behaving.

Check the offset calculated is the same as reported in the drives section of accuraterip.com
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>