title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Having difficulty with 'character/word replacement'...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjsox
    • Oct 2011

Having difficulty with 'character/word replacement'...

I'm having difficulties getting the 'character/word replacement' functionality to work, I was running an earlier verision and just upgraded to dbpoweramp CD Ripper v 14.2 after reading some threads in hopes that I just had an older (broken) version - but still no luck.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have it automatically replace all occurances of ';' with ' ;' so that multiple Artist, Composer, ... show up as 'Name1 ; Name2 ; NameX' instead of 'Name1; Name2; NameX'. This helps apps use the individual Artist & Composer names instead of the list of names. I can certainly edit this by hand for each track, but having CD Ripper do this as it writes the data would save a ton of time. Has anybody figured out how to use this feature??

Thanks.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Having difficulty with 'character/word replacement'...

Originally posted by bjsox
    What I'm trying to accomplish is to have it automatically replace all occurances of ';' with ' ;' so that multiple Artist, Composer, ... show up as 'Name1 ; Name2 ; NameX' instead of 'Name1; Name2; NameX'.
    Thanks.
    What result are you getting? The ID Tag Precessing functions are performed in the order that they occur in the settings windows (i.e., Map, Deletions, Manipulations, Additions), so is it possible that a subsequent operation is wiping out the change?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

@bjsox:

I needed to rip some music tonight, so I decided to check this function. I had no problem with it. I set it to change every instance of [ ;] to [/] and it did it consistently.

Comment

• bjsox
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
        What result are you getting? The ID Tag Precessing functions are performed in the order that they occur in the settings windows (i.e., Map, Deletions, Manipulations, Additions), so is it possible that a subsequent operation is wiping out the change?
        Nothing at all happens and don't know if something else is whiping it out. I tried other simple replacements yesterday out of curiosity to test the feature (e.g. Jeff -> Jefff) and that works, but trying to add a space before the semicolon doesn't work at all - again this is the semicolon that shows up between Artists, Composers,... when there are multiple Artists, Composers,... for a Track.
        Last edited by bjsox; October 02, 2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• bjsox
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
          @bjsox:

I needed to rip some music tonight, so I decided to check this function. I had no problem with it. I set it to change every instance of [ ;] to [/] and it did it consistently.
          WOW and thanks - in what Tag was this done where it worked for you? I'm trying to make tweaks to the semicolons that show up in the Artist and Composer Tags if and when a multiple Artist, Composer,... appear. The new Pearl Jam Twenty CD is an example of a recent CD just added to the collection has the Acoustic *1 [Demo] track on Disc 2 Track 3 - "Stone Gossard; Eddie Vedder" are identified as the Composer, I'd like this to show up as "Stone Gossard ; Eddie Vedder" (of course without the "s).
          Last edited by bjsox; October 02, 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

';' is a virtual multi artist, separator, it is not possible to replace it as internally the multi composers / artists are stored correctly according to the id tag format used.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2011

I used it on an album that had some multiple artists and multiple composers, and those tags were all separated by semi-colons. So I thought that would be a good one to test it on. In both fields, all the replacements were made. (The album was Dave Stewart's "The Blackbird Diaries.")

Maybe there's some quirk that won't accommodate leading spaces. I still have it set up on another computer....I'll try that and report back.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                ';' is a virtual multi artist, separator
                Could you elaborate a bit? I don't quite understand what you mean by "virtual multi artist, separator."

Comment

Working...

]]>