title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Re-ripping large number of frames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skypilotpete
    • May 2009

Re-ripping large number of frames

Could some experienced person please give me some advice about re-ripping frames when the CD ripper says that there are large numbers to be ripped (e.g. 2000 as in a recent experience.) This often happens when I rip audiobook CDs that I have borrowed from my local library. I've never had the patience to wait for the time it takes to re-rip this number of frames, mainly because of the warning on the website that secure mode places the CD drive under extra stress.

Can anyone give me some advice about how much stress waiting for 2000 frames to re-rip is likely to put my drive under? It's no big deal for me if I have to buy a new CD drive earlier than I otherwise would have, but it would be a very big deal if I went away and came back only to find my whole computer wrecked because the CD Drive had exploded or caught on fire.

Also, if this number of frames needs to be re-ripped, is allowing the CD Ripper to work its way through this process likely to give me a better result than just doing a burst rip? What I mean is, does a high number of frames to re-rip mean that this track is irrecoverably damaged and I'm wasting my time waiting for the frames to re-rip?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Re-ripping large number of frames

Often you might see this if the drive does not support C2 pointers properly, disabling c2 pointers should remove the huge frame re-rip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• skypilotpete
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Often you might see this if the drive does not support C2 pointers properly, disabling c2 pointers should remove the huge frame re-rip.
      As far as I can see, C2 pointers are not enabled. In the secure settings, the box next to "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection" is not ticked. In fact it is greyed out and cannot be selected. "Detect C2 Support" is greyed out as well and cannot be selected.

My system specs:
      Windows 7 64
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Motherboard: Micro-Star MS-7519
      BIOS: American Megatrends V1.5 08/12/2008
      RAM: 8 Gb DDR2
      NVidia GeForce 9500 GT
      ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device
      Hard Drives: Samsung HD103SJ; WDC WD5000AAKS-22TMA0
      PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216 ATA
      NOTEBURN Virtual CD-RW SCSI CdRom Device
      Network Adaptor: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
      HD Pro Webcam C910
      Online Armor Pro
      Superantispyware Pro
      Microsoft Security Essentials

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would probably want to set the option 'Abort when have to rip x frames', set to 250 that way you do not have to worry about overly stressing the drive.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>