title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Confused by this error message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadicalDad
    • Jan 2011

Confused by this error message

I guess I've been pretty lucky that all my CDs either rip accurately, and the ones that don't have obvious scratches or other problems. So I'm confused by this error message in two tracks:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Music\Boys of the Lough\The Fair Hills of Ireland\08 Boys of the Lough - The Boys of the Lough-Lucky in Love-Sleep Sound in the Morning.flac'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 131980 to 147526 (3:27) in 0:14. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Music\Boys of the Lough\The Fair Hills of Ireland\08 Boys of the Lough - The Boys of the Lough-Lucky in Love-Sleep Sound in the Morning.flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 1) Secure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1]
    CRC32: 80A288EA AccurateRip CRC: EB9688AE (NEW) [DiscID: 013-001a6ebc-01068fcf-be0d3c0d-8]

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Music\Boys of the Lough\The Fair Hills of Ireland\09 Boys of the Lough - Erin Gra Mo Chroi.flac'
    Track 9: Ripped LBA 147526 to 168850 (4:44) in 0:17. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Music\Boys of the Lough\The Fair Hills of Ireland\09 Boys of the Lough - Erin Gra Mo Chroi.flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 1) Secure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1]
    CRC32: 38674EAA AccurateRip CRC: 644D8CDA (NEW) [DiscID: 013-001a6ebc-01068fcf-be0d3c0d-9]

The CD has no obvious defects, and after cleaning and attempting re-rips several times, I always get exactly the same results. The CRC doesn't change from attempt to attempt. What I think the above message(s) are telling me is that the track doesn't match the 1 example in accurate rip, but despite that, the track ripped and re-ripped accurately as far as Ultra-secure is concerned. Given what I see here, would I infer that perhaps I have a different pressing than what is in the database? Or is this really an error?

Thanks
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Confused by this error message

I get that every once in a blue moon, too, and that's how I interpret it as well. (It's virtually always with obscure albums, like...say, "The Fair Hills of Ireland."...) In any event, those tracks always play just fine for me.

Comment

• RadicalDad
      • Jan 2011

The Boys of the Lough are not "obscure." How dare you, good sir! I got this CD a few years ago when I took a workshop with their bass player. And it was so non-obscure that it took me this long to rip it to my NAS.

If anyone else has a different way of interpreting what is going on here, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Because the confidence is 1 you cannot tell from Accuraterip if it is your rip, or the other guys in AccurateRip which has the error, if it was confidence 2 you can be sure it is your rip.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>