title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Missing on 10-20% of CDs (Batch Rip)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpedInFargo
    • Jan 2010

Album Art Missing on 10-20% of CDs (Batch Rip)

Saw another thread about album art but not sure if that was the same problem.

I have batch ripping set up with a Sony changer and it works great (accuraterip rocks).

It's missing album art on about 20% of my rips, though. It's not on obscure albums either: U2 albums (Achtung Baby, Zooropa), Sting's Ten Summoner's Tales, Roger Waters Wall Live in Berlin, The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails, etc.

Any idea what would be happening on those? Anything I can look at in a log? I'm not 100% concerned since I'll probably use other tools for the album art, but would rather have it all done for me (PerfectMeta-style). I bought v14 Reference - I think it's running 14.2
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album Art Missing on 10-20% of CDs (Batch Rip)

You would need to enable GD3 also to get a decent number of album art with Batch Ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SpedInFargo
      • Jan 2010

Hmm - that one shows as enabled. All of them do: amg, gd3, musicbrainz, freedb...

Oh well - I'm almost done with the batches so I'll end up throwing them through an ID3 editor and get the art... Not a huge deal...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have purchased lookups from GD3? if not then it will not be using it in Batch Ripper.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SpedInFargo
          • Jan 2010

I bought the Reference version with PerfectMeta. Doesn't that include GD3 access?

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Yes if you are not using batch ripper, for batch ripper gd3 only allow per disc lookup fees

Comment

• gbernard
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by SpedInFargo
              Hmm - that one shows as enabled. All of them do: amg, gd3, musicbrainz, freedb...

Oh well - I'm almost done with the batches so I'll end up throwing them through an ID3 editor and get the art... Not a huge deal...
              same issue, I purchased and additional 1000 lookups from AMG and GD3, and have 25-30% missing coverart, a little dissappointed, What ID3 tag editr or you using ? I need to edit the filename and artist name "various artists" in one step if possible.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Please note that GD3 lookups are separate from AMG lookups.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gbernard
                  • Nov 2011

I know I paid for the lookups for both AMG and GD3, dbpoweramp is a GREAT app, very happy with it, and great value !

I just need to get the coverart lookups working at a higher rate , , ,

Comment

Working...

]]>