title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping and ReplayGain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gavin
    • Nov 2010

Ripping and ReplayGain

I was reading over the dBpoweramp CD Ripper: Setup Guide, and have a questions.

The guide suggests setting up ReplayGain. Which leads me to a few questions:

1. I plan on ripping everything to FLAC, and then converting to MP3/MP4, do I set the ReplayGain option for BOTH steps (the initial CD rip to FLAC, and then again when transcoding from FLAC to MP3/MP4)? Or do I only do it with one or the other? I'm not even sure if this effect would carry over when converting from FLAC to another encoding method.

2. Is there a way to simultaneously rip a CD and encode to two (2) formats. FLAC for archival purposes, and MP3/MP4? This would be a great feature to save time. I gotta admit, the converter is pretty fast so I am not too concerned out this.

3. This is more of a suggetsion / feature request. I would love to see a profile/wizard which pre-sets the CD Ripper for the best possible results. The wizard portion would of course walk the user through the drive specific settings which need to be done.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Best Regards,
    Gavin
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping and ReplayGain

>ReplayGain option for BOTH step

Yes both as ReplayGain in this usage just writes an ID Tag value.

>Is there a way to simultaneously rip a CD and encode to two (2) formats.

Choose the Multi-Encoder codec.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>