title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate extremely slow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemalter
    • Jul 2011

Accurate extremely slow

When I am ripping this one disk, only one track causes the Ultra Secure to appear and it gets to about 24% and then gets as slow as molasses. Any idea what is going on and what the fix is?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accurate extremely slow

The track has errors, it is the CD drive which decides to slow down when it cannot read a disc, some drives slow to .1x others 2x or 1x
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johng666
      • Jun 2011

I'm currently trying to rip In Absentia (Porcupine Tree) and it's gone to .1x speed and so far taken nearly an hour and it's 95% done on the first track!

Is there any way to speed this up?

Comment

• johng666
        • Jun 2011

I had to stop the ripping. I tried it with iTunes and that rips it OK so I'm not sure why I can't rip to FLAC with CD Ripper (I'm not on the very latest version, I think it's 13 that I'm on)

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try ripping in burst mode.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johng666
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
            Try ripping in burst mode.
            Yes just tried that and it's still the same.

Comment

• johng666
              • Jun 2011

I thought I'd try and copy the 2 CDs that make up In Absentia. Nero doesn't seem to be able to copy them so there's probably some kind of protection on them. Itunes did import but it wasn't as quick as it should be, but did it in about 10 mins per CD.

Comment

• johng666
                • Jun 2011

Hmmm well ! I tried to play the tracks that had been imported to iTunes and they don't play. It's as if it's imported them as zero length.

Comment

• johng666
                  • Jun 2011

It does say "enhanced cd" on the back so I hope that doesn't mean I won't be able to rip it :(

Comment

• johng666
                    • Jun 2011

Sorry to hijack this. I should have started a new thread I know :blush:

I've put the CD in another computer which is running XP rather than this one which is Windows 7 and it imports into iTunes.

Am I allowed to install CD Ripper on that computer as well or is it just a single computer licence? It's in the same house and I'd only use it for problem CDs

Comment

• dbfan
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jan 2011

For one off CDs you can install dbpoweramp, rip cd then remove dbpoweramp

Comment

• johng666
                        • Jun 2011

Ok thanks, have done that successfully. It rips a lot faster on that really old XP machine than my new Windows 7 64bit machine does. I don't just mean this problem one, I tried a couple of others and they are far faster on that old computer.

Is there a reason why ripping is slower on the windows7 computer?

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by johng666
                          Ok thanks, have done that successfully. It rips a lot faster on that really old XP machine than my new Windows 7 64bit machine does. I don't just mean this problem one, I tried a couple of others and they are far faster on that old computer.

Is there a reason why ripping is slower on the windows7 computer?
                          Just as a data point, it is just as fast on my win7 64 machine as my older xp machine. So something seems odd with your results. I don't have any suggestions unfortunately.

Comment

• johng666
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by garym
                            Just as a data point, it is just as fast on my win7 64 machine as my older xp machine. So something seems odd with your results. I don't have any suggestions unfortunately.
                            Ok thanks for that, I'll see if everything is OK with my DVD drive.

Comment

Working...

]]>