title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installing Nero AAC Encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TempestGarden
    • Jul 2007

Installing Nero AAC Encoder

I just recently upgraded to R14 and in the past I haven't had any issues installing Nero AAC Encoder. For some reason, something doesn't seem to be right this time. I have followed the instructions to the letter more than once when doing this and after copying/pasting neroAacEnc from the zip file to the proper encoder folder, I still do not have the following items in the folder that is says I am supposed to have: Application, Bitmap and Text Document.

Will the encoder function properly without the above files in the m4a Nero (AAC) folder? I just tried it out and with an encoding that I set to 320 CBR and I got some bizarre results. The music files all encoded at 319 CBR m4A AAC. I have never seen this before.

Does this perhaps have anything to do with the missing items I mentioned above?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Installing Nero AAC Encoder

You only require the neroaacenc.exe
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TempestGarden
      • Jul 2007

Thanks for the info.

There was a major update to Windows Vista (which I am using) today so I went ahead and tried to re-encode the files from the CD I mentioned in my first post. All of them but one track encoded to 320 CBR AAC. I have re-ripped and re-encoded this last track several times and I still get a final result of 319 CBR AAC.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Just how aac works (inside it is vbr, so if a cbr mode is selected the software tries to get as close as possible to the desired bitrate).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>