title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag issue: Incorrect Year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin777
    • Jun 2011

Tag issue: Incorrect Year?

I'm a first time poster and new to trying dbpoweramp to rip my CD collection to Apple Lossless soon. I was originally going to rip with iTunes, since that's what I use to organize and play my music from, but was intrigued with the notion of securely ripping my CDs with dbpoweramp.

In some initial testing I discovered that when ripping compilations that dbpoweramp was pulling in the "Year" data that appeared to reflect the CD release date instead of the year the song originally came out. I did notice that iTunes seems to be able to distinguish from the two and actually referenced the recording year, which I find more valuable especially for CDs that contain older music but were released decades later.

At least in terms of the tagging it would appear iTunes works better at least in terms of year. Am I missing something with dbpoweramp or a setting I could change to make it work more like iTunes in terms of the year?

Thank you!
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Tag issue: Incorrect Year?

Different discs are represented differently, on the occasions the year is wrong it is easy to correct before ripping

Comment

Working...

]]>