title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I trust in "accurate rip"? How does it work? How does FreeDB and AR work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oliver
    • May 2011

Can I trust in "accurate rip"? How does it work? How does FreeDB and AR work?

I want perfectly ripped CDs, a guaranty that the rip is absolutely identical with the CD.
    I use EAC. How does accurate rip or the free DB work? (no information in the Internet to be found!)

Is that correct, what I guess ?
    ->When I have a read error, so it is on a certain place on the CD. That makes a certain checksum. A read error on another place - makes another checksum - Correct?
    Now, it is very unlikely that another user has the same checksum that I have, because he would have to have a read error on the same place.
    That´s very unlikely.
    So I get "not veryfied as accurate" cos there are no coincidences in the freedb with other users.

The confidence value of accurate rip is very low since the new EAC V1.0.
    So when I now get "accurately ripped" with a confidence of only 1 - what does it mean?
    Does it mean that only one user has transmitted his result to the freeDB so far? Correct?
    The freeDB does not know if this result is correct...
    But when now my result is identical with this only result in the freeDB,
    it is most likely that I (we both) have a perfect copy - because it´s very unlikely that we both have an erroneous copy with the same error on the same place.

Correct?
    Last edited by Oliver; June 02, 2011, 03:09 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I trust in "accurate rip"? How does it work? How does FreeDB and AR work?

You only need a confidence of 1 to be sure of an 100% correct rip.

Do not confuse AccurateRip and freedb, they are not related. Otherwise what you write is correct.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>