title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp ignores pre-emphasis and HDCD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asbjbo
    • Apr 2011

dBpoweramp ignores pre-emphasis and HDCD

I have a strange problem: dBpoweramp seems not to recognize pre-emphasis or HDCD on my computer. It should recognize both automatically and flag them as such in the Track Technical column, but this column remains blank. Pre-emphasised CDs are ripped without de-emphasising the treble response, and HDCDs are ripped to 16-bit files as ordinary CDs instead of 20 or 24-bit files as expected when decoding a HDCD.

I have release 14 of dBpoweramp and release 7 of the DSP effects. HDCD is the first effect in the DSP chain, only followed by ReplayGain. My computer is a Dell desktop running Windows XP SP3 with one NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A and one NEC DV-5700A drive. I prefer the ND-3530A, since it is able to report C2 errors, but the problem exists with both drives. The problem also exists both with FLAC and WAV output formats.

I'm puzzled. Any ideas?
    Last edited by asbjbo; April 08, 2011, 07:40 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp ignores pre-emphasis and HDCD

Pre-emphasis is not supported by dBpoweramp (as far as de-emphasising it), not sure why the HDCD is not detected though.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: dBpoweramp ignores pre-emphasis and HDCD

Originally posted by Spoon
      Pre-emphasis is not supported by dBpoweramp (as far as de-emphasising it)
      what are the current plans to at least set a flag for pre-emphasis?

Comment

Working...

]]>