title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

db poweramp and 64 bit windos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert harris
    • Mar 2011

db poweramp and 64 bit windos

I have just purchased a new machine (amd x6 processor, 4mb ram and a dvd writer drive.

DBpoweramp crawls on this machine when ripping cd's (barely 1.1 times normal speed). My ancient windows xp machine 3mb ram flies with this software (upward of 6 or 7 time normal reading speed).

Does anyone know why this should be so?

Thanks.
    Rob Harris
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: db poweramp and 64 bit windos

Originally posted by robert harris
    I have just purchased a new machine (amd x6 processor, 4mb ram and a dvd writer drive.

DBpoweramp crawls on this machine when ripping cd's (barely 1.1 times normal speed). My ancient windows xp machine 3mb ram flies with this software (upward of 6 or 7 time normal reading speed).

Does anyone know why this should be so?

Thanks.
    Rob Harris
    No suggestions, but odd, as my Windows 7, 64bit machine (dell laptop) is very fast with dbpa. So this is not a problem in general with Wiin 7, 64b machine.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: db poweramp and 64 bit windos

Follow:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Reinstall and rip on the default settings to 'Test Conversion' make a note of the speed, if it is correct then start to customize the settings making a note of any slowness after each change.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>