title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Classical CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • souwalker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2009

Re: Ripping Classical CDs

Originally posted by Spoon
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[disc][][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

And disable the option in Options >> Metdata & ID Tags to put , [disc] into the album name.
    Thanks Spoon

So if I add the above values, what would the results be when I rip a FLAC CD?

I have not pasted the above string yet by I also just tested a 2 CD set (not various artist). The first CD, I put 1/2 in the Disk field and the second CD I put 2/2 in the Disk field, the result I got was 1 album name - Live At The Village Gate- which is what I want, but songs from both the CDs are in just one album folder. I was expecting:
    (Artist) Chuck Mangione
    (Album) Live at the Village Gate
    Disc 1
    Disc 2

How do I achieve above or what would be the best to rip 2 or 3 set CDs regardless if it's Various Artist or from one artist?

Rgds
    Last edited by souwalker; February 18, 2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• souwalker
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Then for the 2nd album, right click on track 1 and add a track number offset of +100
      I don't quite understand what you mean by add a track number offset of +100. Where?

I understand this instruction is to handle multi CD sets but not Various Artist? I've only got a handful of mulit CDs Various Artist and and handful of multi CDs single artist (live recordings). I am just looking for the best way to handle multi CDs. I've alreay ripped 400+ of my 800+ CD collection and since I do not have too many mulit CDs, I will redo them. Now I have CD1 and CD 2 after the album name and this creates 2 separate folders which is not ideal. I want one album folder and Disk 1 and Disk 2 in the album folder but I am not sure if this is the correct method to do multi CDs.

Thanks for your patience Spoon and please guide me the best or ideal way to handle multi CDs regardless if they are Various Artist or Single artist.

Rgds
      Last edited by souwalker; February 18, 2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The idea is to make disc 2 appear to be disc 1, and the track number for disc 2 start at 100 (if you had a disc 3 then start disc 3 at 200). Right click on track 1 in CD ripper and select 'Apply Track Number Offset' >> +100
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• souwalker
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2009

The idea is to make disc 2 appear to be disc 1, and the track number for disc 2 start at 100 (if you had a disc 3 then start disc 3 at 200). Right click on track 1 in CD ripper and select 'Apply Track Number Offset' >> +100
          Let me see if I understand this completely. The quoted instruction above to to have all the songs of a multi set CD to be in the album name folder.

So what I do is:

If it's a 2 disc set, I put first CD 1/2 and the second CD 2/2 or if it's a 3 set disk, 1/3, 2/3 & 3/3.
          I use the same album name for all the CD in the multi set.
          I do not make any changes to 'Apply Track Number Offset' for the first CD. I tried looking at this option for the first CD but I could not see >>+100 so I am concluding I can only do this for the second CD onwards. Corect?
          For the second CD, I 'Apply Track Number Offset' to >>+100 etc.
          So by doing the above, what numbers will the second CD use? If first CD ends with 12 will the first song of the 2nd CD starts with 13?

Ok, I just did a test and I do not have the option to select +100. All I have is +20. Ok, I think I know how this works. The 1st CD I ripped, it had 9 songs. For CD 2, I selcted offset +9 and CD 2 started with number 10 which is sequential. I think this will work. I understand this Offset method is a manual process so I have to use the correct offset number for all my multi set CDs. Correct?
          Rgds
          Last edited by souwalker; February 19, 2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You might need R14 to get the +100

>If it's a 2 disc set, I put first CD 1/2 and the second CD 2/2 or if it's a 3 set disk, 1/3, 2/3 & 3/3.

No you would set all as 1/1
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• souwalker
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2009

You might need R14 to get the +100

>If it's a 2 disc set, I put first CD 1/2 and the second CD 2/2 or if it's a 3 set disk, 1/3, 2/3 & 3/3.

No you would set all as 1/1
              Why would that be? Don't I need to do that so when I rip a 2 disc set, dbpoweramp needs to know the CDs I am ripping belongs to the same set?

Yesterday I ripped a 2 set CD. I put 1/2 for the first CD and 2/2 for the second. For the seccond CD, I selected offset numbering +9 and the second CD track numbers were sequential to CD1.

Rgds
              Pat

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Either way is fine.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...