title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Long rips ... 7+ hours

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jed
    • Jan 2011

Long rips ... 7+ hours

Ripping in secure mode, as I travel through my collection (done about 250 so far), a very small percentage of rips take around 7 hours to complete. They almost always end up being marked as insecure. So far this has happened to 5 cds. Some cds also have to rerip frames, but these 5 have basically had to do the entire cd ripping frames.

Are these rips worthless? Is it because of the state of the cd's? Some are not that old (perhaps 10 years).

Should I throw out these rips?
    Is there a log file that I can read after the fact to see all of the insecure tracks that I've ripped (I haven't been keeping track).

Is secure mode the best, I also have c2 pointers on.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Long rips ... 7+ hours

You would normally set the option to abort the rip if there are too many frames to re-rip.

Try disabling c2 pointers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jed
      • Jan 2011

Are these rips worthless?
      Should I throw out these rips?
      Is there a log file that I can read after the fact to see all of the insecure tracks that I've ripped?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Did you enable CD ripper to write a secure ripping log? (a text file), if not there is no log, but if select a file >> right click >> edit id tags the accuraterip result is written there.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>