title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Drive read cache settings and another question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andee
    • Jan 2011

Drive read cache settings and another question

Ok, so I am fairly new to ripping cd's... at least when serious accuracy is concerned.
    The drive read cache setting... the first time I set this I guess I mis-read or mis-understood something.
    I had it set to 4000 for what ever reason. A problem with ripping a track got me to check all my settings again.
    I did the drive read cache test in the settings and this is the popup I get.

Drive does not appear to cache, no cache clearing will be used.

test time without re-read: 4000ms Test time with re-read 8000ms

So, I am assuming I should just have my setting at [none]
    I have a Pioneer BDR205

If that is the case fine.
    2 other questions.
    I already ripped about 25 cd with the 4000 setting.
    They all came out good (accurate rip ok).... so, I imagine it is safe to assume that these are all good with nothing to worry about?

Other question is this. All the discs I am ripping are brand new. I have the Lord of the Rings Complete Recordings box set. I cannot get the last track of the 3rd disc to rip accurately. Tried with both of the cache settings. Should I assume I have a defective from the factory disc? Does this happen often.

Last question... What exactly can be wrong with it... What I am getting at is if I let it rip the track with 'errors' and I play it back it sounds perfectly fine. No skips or pops and clear as a bell....

Anyway.... here is the report from the last attempt

[COLOR="red"]dBpoweramp Release 14 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Sunday, January 09, 2011 11:49 AM

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'D: [PIONEER - BD-RW BDR-205 ]', Drive offset: 667, Overread Lead-in/out: No
    AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 2, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
    Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 60

Encoder: [Multi Encoder] -enc1="FLAC=-compression-level-5 -verify" -encMopt1=" -tofolder={mqt}G:\Music My Rips\flac\{mqt} -dynamic={mqt}[artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]{mqt}" -enc2="mp3 (Lame)=-b 320 -encoding={mqt}SLOW{mqt}" -encMopt2=" -tofolder={mqt}G:\Music My Rips\mp3\{mqt} -dynamic={mqt}[artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]{mqt}"
    DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain=-albummode={qt}0{qt}"

Extraction Log
    --------------

Track 9: Ripped LBA 267184 to 283776 (3:41) in 1:46. Filename: G:\Music My Rips\Howard Shore\LOTR; Fellowship of the Ring, The - Disc 3\09 - The Road Goes Ever On... Pt. 2.IGNORE
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 96) Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 472 Frames]
    CRC32: D2394E4E AccurateRip CRC: 362DF910 (NEW) [DiscID: 009-001884f5-00b05567-7d0ec709-9]

--------------

User Stopped Ripping
    [/COLOR]

Thanks for any help.
  • andee
    • Jan 2011

Re: Drive read cache settings and another question

Anyone?

My main question right now is should I be content with all the rips I already made if that setting was incorrect.
    Like I said all the rips had accurip positive results... accurate should be accurate correct? ... shouldn't matter if that setting was wrong.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>so, I imagine it is safe to assume that these are all good with nothing to worry about?

They are fine. Drive cache can be tricky to measure, try using the cacheex program also to detect the cache, if it says there is none then you are ok.

Your LOTR disc most probably has a manufacturing defect.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• andee
        • Jan 2011

Thanks Spoon... also for the reply to my other topic.

Comment

Working...

]]>