title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help with naming convention?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoolHandZeke
    • Mar 2008

Help with naming convention?

Hi, all. I haven't posted in awhile. Nevertheless, I remain a huge fan of dbpoweramp...

Still unable to figure out how to do the naming thing. Someone mind lending a hand?

I currently have this:

[IFEQUALS]genre,Score,Score[][IF!EQUALS]genre,Score,[IFEQUALS]genre,Soundtrack,Soundtrack[][][IF!EQUALS]genre,Soundtrack[][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][]\[IFEQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[album][]\[track] [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][] - [IFEQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[album][] - [title]

Which results with this:

SoundtrackDoors, The\Doors, The\02 Doors, The - Doors, The - Riders on The Storm

Somewhere I have an extra tag "Doors, The" following Soundtrack. Everything else is correct except this. Essentially I'm looking for ONLY a different root folder depending on the CD:

Score (if genre is Score)
    Soundtrack (if genre is Soundtrack)
    <Artist> (if genre is neither Score or Soundtrack)
    Various Artists (if compilation)

The remaining folders are correct and the file name is correct. What am I doing wrong? I've attempting reading the naming tutorial sticky, but I just can't seem to get it. I'm close though.

Thanks for your help,

Zeke

P.S. - Go Seahawks
  • CoolHandZeke
    • Mar 2008

Re: Help with naming convention?

Well, heck... I'm still at it and attempting to add new stuff. Does anyone have tips on how to learn this? :( I've read up on the tutorial, but this remains confusing.

This is what I currently have and I'm very happy with it (pasted for attempted readability)...

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][]
    \
    [IFEQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[album][]
    \
    [track]
    [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][]
    -
    [IFEQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album][], The[][][IF!EQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[album][]
    -
    [title]

BUT, I'm looking to add this at the beginning...

If genre = Score
    Score/<Composer>/Album Title/Track - Artist - Album Title - Track Title

*Note: adding an additional "composer" folder under the root folder, e.g. Score/Hans Zimmer/Inception/01 - Hans Zimmer - Inception - Half Remembered Dream

...and if genre does not equal score...

If genre = Soundtrack

Soundtrack/Album Title/Track - Artist - Album Title - Track Title

I've posted on this stuff in the past. I've been working on this for awhile and for some reason am having difficulty trying to add these two "Score" and "Soundtrack" root folder elements at the beginning of a very good naming convention that I currently have (above).

Thanks to all,

Zeke

Comment

Working...

]]>