title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing Artist column

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterPanino
    • Jan 2011

Missing Artist column

The Artist column is missing in dBpoweramp CD Ripper, although it is checked in the Columns popup menu:

The Rating column was moved to the right end of columns after having it unchecked and then rechecked in the popup menu.

So how can I show the Artist column?

CDGrab.exe version: 14.0.0.6
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing Artist column

It is only shown when compilation is checked.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterPanino
      • Jan 2011

Oh, thanks.

BTW, congratulations: This is the only program where almost always I get nearly perfect meta tags when ripping my CD collection! And the audio converter is my only program so far which preserves all meta tags and has a really nice and ergonomic interface! (And I have tried a lot!)

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Im glad you like the meta-data feature. While its great (probably the best available) it could be better. There are quite a few threads on ideas to improve it (see my signature), if you have any ideas, please join the discussion.

Comment

• PeterPanino
          • Jan 2011

Thanks for the invitation, EliC. Indeed, meta tags often are the most un-satisfying thing when ripping CDs, at least in my experience. I have lost so much time in the past by manually adding all the information from CD covers when ripping my CD collection ... So now I am glad to have found a program which helps me a lot for this, although many times still some manual intervention is required ...

For now, I would like:

1. the Manual Meta Review window to be resizable: Actually it fills almost all of my 2560*1600 screen which is somewhat uncomfortable,

2. the Manual Meta Review window should have alternating white and light gray background rows, so it would be easier to overview and compare words on the same row.

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Perfectmeta discussion is probably best done here:
            I have finally gotten around to playing with PerfectMeta - and so far I am very impressed. Some initial comments: -would like to see meta data pulled from multiple freedb choices -it would be nice if each field in the PerfectMeta screen was not only editable, but dragable. I have come across a few examples now where

Comment

Working...

]]>