title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Disappearing optical drive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudemeood12
    • Dec 2010

Disappearing optical drive?

After hearing lots of great things from Tekzilla about dbpa, I decided to give it a shot. I installed the trial version (with the intention of purchasing) but after running through the setup guide, I am unable to get the program to rip.

What happens is that when I start the ripping process, it sits for about 2 minutes or so and then fails. Then I notice that my optical drive (an ASUS BD drive) disappears from the system. I have to reboot in order to get it back. I googled the issue and saw what appeared to be a previous version of dbpa mention a fix of a 'disappearing cd drive' issue in its update log. Not sure if this could be part of it.

I also have AnyDVD installed, and wondered if its program may interfere at all. Any hints? Some specs are below.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    4GB RAM
    Intel Core i3
  • rudemeood12
    • Dec 2010

Re: Disappearing optical drive?

I have also seen some reports relating to AHCI. Does it need to be in IDE mode instead of AHCI?

Comment

• rudemeood12
      • Dec 2010

its definitely the scsi pass-through setting. choose the windows one fixes the issue completely, however, as it states, does not allow for secure ripping.

any thoughts on how to fix this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your DVD drive is actually crashing internally, they should never disappear from the system.

Try uninstalling Anydvd, try updating the firmware of the drive.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rudemeood12
          • Dec 2010

I don't see how it could be the drive - has no issues with any other discs, whether it be playing or ripping. i change this one setting in the software and it works... so where does the fault in the drive lay? i will check for an update though, but doesn't seem to jive to me.

could be that this drive just doesn't like this mode, which is an acceptable answer to me, was just curious if that was it.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No because the mode is a direct mode which works fine on the other 3000-odd drives out there, there is a fault somewhere, either drive firmware, motherboard chipset drivers, or something has installed its self between the CD drive and the system..
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>