title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is there much diff in sound quality from 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt00
    • Dec 2010

Is there much diff in sound quality from 5

Is there much diff in sound quality from 5 to 8 in secure mode? Will you hear a difference or is it just for peace of mind? I am going to burn all my cd's today and I want them to sound perfect?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Is there much diff in sound quality from 5

Originally posted by matt00
    Is there much diff in sound quality from 5 to 8 in secure mode? Will you hear a difference or is it just for peace of mind? I am going to burn all my cd's today and I want them to sound perfect?
    if you're talking about FLAC compression (8 vs 5), then the answer is NO. Understand that this is COMPRESSION but the FLAC file is lossless regardless of the compression level. That is, the 0-8 compression just has to do with how small the file size is when you're done, NOT with the lossless nature of the resulting FLAC files. In playback some decoders struggle a bit more with decompressing a FLAC file that was compressed at '8'. This is not that common, but in my own case, I use '5' just to be safe and the difference in space is negligible.

Comment

• matt00
      • Dec 2010

Re: Is there much diff in sound quality from 5

Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>