title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CDRipperCache.bin problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

CDRipperCache.bin problem

I have been re-ripping my entire CD collection over the past 4 months (alphabetically) starting with 10cc. I am now at The Eurythmics. So far 600 CDs ripped, 1400 to go.

This is painstaking job as PerfectMeta is by no means perfect. In fact it sucks.

As such, I do not want to have to edit my tag data again so I have set the CDRipperCache.bin Maximum Cache Size to 204800MB (200GB), to hold my CD tag and artwork info as a database. The CDRipperCache.bin size is currently 2.72GB.

However, now, when I re-insert any CD with an artist beginning with 0-9 or A, i.e. the earliest of the CDs I ripped, the CD is no longer found in the dBpoweramp cache [local]. It is like they are no longer stored in the CDRipperCache.bin.

All the hardwork I have put in for about 80 CD's is lost, something I was very keen to avoid.

Please can anyone help, or explain what is going on with the lost data? How do I avoid losing any more data from this file?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CDRipperCache.bin problem

This cache file is unlikely to work above 2GB as it is read into memory and decoded, and 2GB is a signed integer pointer range (of a 32 bit program).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

The ability to import/export to and from the CDRipperCache.bin is something I could really use.

If the format of the CDRipperCache.bin was made available I could write my own import/export routines as I am a software developer.

This way, many man hours organising tag data could be backed up safely and gives users an alternative to PerfectMeta if the tag data exists elsewhere.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You are ripping to audio tracks and they have ID Tags? why not export from those ID Tags?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          You are ripping to audio tracks and they have ID Tags? why not export from those ID Tags?
          I have already. The issue is getting tags into CD Ripper prior to ripping, apart from using PerfectMeta.
          Last edited by mville; November 03, 2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>