title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp does not see my cd in an Atapi drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brds16
    • Sep 2004

dbpoweramp does not see my cd in an Atapi drive

I have a win7 HP with and atapi drive and dbpoweramp version 14 installed. I have used this set up to put all my music library in Flac, on my hard drive. I did most of this work several years ago and am now trying to add some new cd to my library. Most of the new cd ripped just fine. a few CD's however, some of them one of a 2 cd set, just did not come up on my dbpoweramp screen. The program just doesn't seem to see them. these cd do show up in my win7 controler and i am able to play them on my media player but that is not what i want to do. can anyone help me?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbpoweramp does not see my cd in an Atapi drive

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brds16
      • Sep 2004

version 14.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

They are audio CDs? (not mp3 data CDs, etc)?

How many tracks do these CDs have? there was a bug in R13.4 which would not read single track CDs, but this bug is not in R14.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brds16
          • Sep 2004

Thanks Spoon for staying with this and sorry to be taking so long in getting back. Life intrudes. Yes the source cds are classical music audio cds. strangely enough, in one case the problem occured with cd2 of a 2 set where cd1 ripped just fine. In all cases they are from very respectable classical music publishers (e.g. Brilliant Classics) and I have in other recent instances ripped successfully other cd from those publisers . And yes, there are multiple tracks on every one of them. They were not second generation hand me downs or homemade compilations. They were new when I got them. Also, as I said earlier, my media player sees these just fine. I was able to rip one of these cd in whatever format is supported in media player (I must have clicked inadvertantly and blindly on the "rip Now" button because I did not know I had done that until I found it in my library in what I confirmed was Media File format and not Flac) but when I try to rip it with dBp, it does not appear on my dBp screen. I do not know what format was used on the cd.
          Last edited by brds16; November 04, 2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try this:

close CD ripper -
            insert the CD disc in the drive,
            run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> enable the debug option on the end.
            run CD ripper, press the refresh button. Close CD Ripper and post the log which will show on the screen.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Do you have the 'Defective By Design' ripping mode enabled? if so select burst instead.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brds16
                • Sep 2004

bingo! Da Man!! thanks...
                Now I know whom to turn to when I am stumped.
                If have any other issues I'll get back on the horn, but this one seems to have been put to bed.

Comment

Working...

]]>