title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to read CD error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwidzinski
    • Oct 2010

Unable to read CD error

Hi,
    I have been using the dBpoweramp CD ripper in an audio archive collection to store backups of CDs on an external RAID hard drive array. It has worked wonderfully, for many error-free CD rips. However, I am coming across more problems with the CDs I'm working on today.

I have a CD-R that was burned (probably around 2004-2005) and had previously successfully (although I'm unsure if error-free) imported using the iTunes software on a Mac. Now I'm trying to read the same CD, using the same computer (with a Windows partition) and the CD is apparently "unable to be read." This only effects tracks 2 and 3 of a 3-track CD. I have tried both the internal drive and an external USB drive, and both produce the same error. I have changed drive speed settings and allowances in the settings, but haven't come up with a solution to the problem.

Is there anything I can do about this CD?

Thanks!
  • mwidzinski
    • Oct 2010

Re: Unable to read CD error

By the way, the drives I am using are:

external: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M USB (one of the drives on the most reliable list)
    internal: Matshita DVD-R UJ-898

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to read CD error

CD-Rs are notorious for not ripping accurately, only trying different drives might help.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>