title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Extraction Log Questions & Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relayer56
    • Sep 2010

Extraction Log Questions & Issues

I am having issues with the Extraction Log. However, I'm not sure if it is by design or just because I don't know how it is supposed to work.

I have been experimenting with the R14 version trying to get my settings right. I will frequently rip a CD multiple times in that process. Each time I delete the files in the destination folder, including the extraction log ".txt" file. However, even when I do that I am still getting the data from test rips from back in September [when I had set Report Contents to "Complete"]. Windows 7 Ultimate won't let me preview the file beyond a point. So I have to open the file to see what the results of the last rip are. Needless to say this is a bit of a PITA.

How can I get R14 to write over the last extraction log with only the information from the current rip session? It sure would be great at the very least to be able to:

1. Clear the extraction log for a particular CD.
    2. Have the choice to either append or overwrite the log.

Where is the old extraction log data kept?

What exactly is written when you choose "Simple", "Detailed" or "Complete"?

What options are there other than the [rippedtopath] for the extraction log?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Extraction Log Questions & Issues

The log is not cached, if you delete the .txt log file then re-rip it should be a fresh log.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Relayer56
      • Sep 2010

It does not. I've tried deleting the file and editing the file to zero bits. I always get the same amount of data.

BTW, I was reading other posts and forgot to mention I am using the Multi-Encoder [Apple Lossless & FLAC].

I would be happy to sent the extraction log to you for proof.

BTW Windows 7 Ultimate will only preview the log down to the line that has
      Re-Rip Frame: 4109 (00.00.54.34

Comment

• Relayer56
        • Sep 2010

The log was too large [747KB] to post here or I would have...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Something other than dbpoweramp is restoring that deleted log, dbpoweramp will only append to the existing text file.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jamil
            • Oct 2005

I wonder if the file actually is not being deleted by Windows.

I noticed that when using dbpoweramp batch conversion, at least one file will occasionally have a lock left on it (I assume from dbpoweramp). When I delete this file, it appears to delete successfully. However, if I refresh the folder view in explorer, the file appears again. I usually reboot when this happens then I can delete the file with no problem.

I perform a batch conversion from WAV to APE using the Delete Source File action. What ends up happening is that one source file appears to remain locked even after clicking the finish button for dbpoweramp. This has only happened about two times for me so far, so it is infrequent. The lock is an odd one, since Windows explorer does not display an error when I attempt to manually delete the file.

Comment

• Relayer56
              • Sep 2010

I do believe you when you say that it was appending to the existing file, if there was an existing file. That behavior is very repeatable.

There wasn't anything in Windows 7 restoring the file. So I'm affraid that was not the problem.

I believe it has something to do with the Multi-Encoder but can't prove it.

However, I was able to fix the problem by changing the location where the extraction log is placed. I now have them going to a specific folder C:\Music\RipLogs. Now when I delete a file and re-rip a CD all I get is the current extraction data.

So for now I'm satisfied...

Comment

Working...

]]>