title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata - how to replace words with empty string?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hugazebra
    • Sep 2010

Metadata - how to replace words with empty string?

Just getting started on ripping my entire classical music collection with dbpoweramp.

On many of my CDs, AMG track titles are most accurate, but they come with a big long composer and opera name field that I don't want.

So in Options->Metadata->Character/Word Replacement, I add in the long prefix in the To Replace column, but I can't seem to get dbpa to recognize an empty entry in the Replace With column. The best I can do is to replace the match with an "X" character and then I manually go back and edit every track to remove the leading "X". Using sequences like "" or '' or [] all end up being literally replaced.

Is there some magical character or sequence I can use to delete the matching prefix?

As an example, here's the conversion I would like to do:

From: "Orfeo ed Euridice (Italian version), opera in 3 acts, Wq. 30: Act 2. Scene 2. Danza degli Eroi ed Eroine - Ballo degli Eroi ed Eroine"
    To: "Act 2. Scene 2. Danza degli Eroi ed Eroine - Ballo degli Eroi ed Eroine"

I don't suppose regular expression support is in the works?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata - how to replace words with empty string?

Without reg-expression you cannot do what you are after.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hugazebra
      • Sep 2010

Re: Metadata - how to replace words with empty string?

sob...

double sob now that I just ran into my first bad disk and realized that my Plextor PX-40TS hanging off an Adaptec SCSI controller can't send C2 errors to dbpoweramp like it did with EAC... Fortunately my Pioneer DVD drives have nice low +6 read offsets, so at least I won't miss not being able read lead-in/out.

I am also consoling myself with the fact that at least AMG tags helps me avoid figuring out how to type funky foreign characters that seem everpresent on classical CDs. Also, the metadata fill-in is neat - I never bothered with any metadata for the 1000 or so rips I did in EAC a few years ago.

Comment

Working...

]]>