title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AcurrateRip 101

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • souwalker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2009

AcurrateRip 101

Is there somewhere I could go to read up more about AccurateRip?

What is it. Why is it good?

I've just started ripping my entire collection (858) into FLAC to stream and I've noticed AccurateRip after the songs. I know it's comparing the rip quality with others who have ripped the same CD??

Insecure/Secure...all too hard...

Thanks
    Pat
    Last edited by souwalker; August 31, 2010, 06:16 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AcurrateRip 101

?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• biggles
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2010

Does AccurateRip keep track of details of rips in its database like whether or not the rip was secure? I am concerned any time I get an inaccurate rip with a confidence reading of one - seems to me my rip could easily be the correct one or has compared my result to the wrong disc. I've been assuming that AccurateRip just keeps CRC info, and I have no idea how AccurateRip identifies discs exactly. Any clarifications on what data AccurateRip retains for discs and what data it uses to identify discs is much appreciated so that we can interpret results with low confidence numbers appropriately.
      Last edited by biggles; August 31, 2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the confidence is 1 and your rip does not match the database, yes you cannot be sure which one is the wrong one. If it matches then everything is 100% right.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Loki
          • Sep 2010

I've just started using DB myself and am Ripping to wav I was wondering this same thing myself. I've only had one CD so far that had a quality of 1 AccurateRip (Johnny Rivers Greatest Hits) and the CD is not in bad so is it just that not very many people have the CD or what, will PerfectMeta access give me 100% certainty that its a correct rip.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

PerfectMeta is metadata, not ripping quality. An AccurateRip match of even just 1 is enough, it is a positive matching system, so one is all that is needed.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>